Primetime Bobcat

Well it's time to do something other than play poker.  Our horse is racing in the $200K Dan Patch Invitational at Hoosier Park in Anderson Indiana.  Watch the results for Primetime Bobcat.....  PS I do have wireless internet so I'll still be playing LOL

Comments

• Joe,

That is really cool. I love the ponies....thourghbred or standard??? When is the race?? Ever go to Woodbine and gamble, if so maybe we can hook-up and make a little money.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Well it's time to do something other than play poker. Our horse is racing in the $200K Dan Patch Invitational at Hoosier Park in Anderson Indiana. Watch the results for Primetime Bobcat..... PS I do have wireless internet so I'll still be playing LOL

Can you explain how this works? Do you get the cash if the horse wins..? Or do you get paid by the track to bring the horse over..? I'm completely clueless with the way that tracks operate..
  • Usually you pay a fee to enter the horse in the race, then depending on place of finish you receive a cut of the purse.
  • It's an invitational race...... that means you do not pay anything but have to be invited. Winner usually gets 50%, 2nd 25% 3rd 13% 7% and 5%. Again the trainer and driver gets their cut out of any winnings. And as per past practice you have to fight with the us gov't to get the taxes they withhold back.
  • So when is the race???
  • Saturday April 29. The program isn't finallized so I don't know what race it is.
  • Good Luck in the race Joe.
  • Here is a link to the racing page. It says it is the 9th race with an approx post time of 9:35. There is a pick of the horse too.

http://www.hoosierpark.com/news/stakes_news/stakes_news_04252006.html
  • thats pretty wild haha, getting into the big money

my dad and i own a couple race horses that we race at flamboro, kawartha, georgian downs, western fair, etc etc etc, but its only for smaller purses like 4500 to 7500 lol

i go to the track at least 3 times a week :-) and with hpibet.com i bet everynight haha

we got a horse out thursday night at kawartha downs in the 4th race "amys dreamboat" go bet some large cash on her, shes a real up and comer :-) she won her last start, and if she raced like she did then this should be a jog

who is your trainer?
  • WarranT wrote:
    thats pretty wild haha, getting into the big money

who is your trainer?

Anthony Montini, who is also majority owner. 

They do the post position draw today, once I get that info I'll post it.
  • Here's the complete list of starters and stuff..... we got post 8 :(

PP Horse 2006 Year to Date Driver Clm. Med.
    Sts W P S Time Earnings
    1 FOXY MANEUVER 10 3 0 2 1:50.0M $ 52,005 Donald J Eash $ 0
    2 CASIMIR CAMOTION 9 2 3 2 1:49.3M $ 80,051 George Brennan $ 0 L
    3 REBELMAN 3 2 0 1 1:50.3S $ 25,760 Joe M Essig $ 0
    4 HOP SING 11 6 2 1 1:48.3M $ 253,400 Anthony N Morgan $ 0 L
    5 TIGERAMA 14 4 5 3 1:50.3S $ 178,139 Robert H Shepherd $ 0
    6 MYPANMAR 10 2 2 2 1:50.2M $ 69,884 Richard L Macomber $ 0 L
    7 ESCAPE THE WIND 10 3 1 3 1:49.0S $ 89,523 Roger F Mayotte $ 0 L
    8 PRIMETIME BOBCAT 12 7 2 1 1:49.4S $ 163,451 Jody C Jamieson $ 0
    9 SPIRIT OF A SHARK 9 4 3 1 1:48.4M $ 83,700 Walter E Haynes $ 0 L
    10 MALTESE ARTIST 3 1 1 0 1:54.0F $ 10,090 W Mike Wilder $ 0 L

We have beaten tigerama and finished 3rd within a length of both tigerama and escape the wind last week. Time to gamboooolll
  • jamieson is my fav driver :-)

8 hole is pretty crappy though, but i think u can do it cause jamieson is the man!

oh and i was at woodbine last saturday when u finished 3rd, had the tri but it only paid 35 bucks, but i had it 10 times so that helps a bit :-)

i have 1 question for ya

do u also own Grin Some More, great again, and sparkler?
  • No those other horses we don't have an interest in. We do have a 3 year old that should be racing again in a month or so named Rocky Racoon. He's trained by Doug Arthur.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    No those other horses we don't have an interest in.  We do have a 3 year old that should be racing again in a month or so named Rocky Racoon.  He's trained by Doug Arthur. 

at woodbine as well?
  • Yes at woodbine. He raised there previously as a 2 year old and earlier this year as a 3 yo.
  • Just a quick update as I'm sitting in the Indi airport. Our hotel had no internet since friday night. We ended up 3rd after a serious rainstorm made the track a mess. Our driver drove like fred flintstone through the stretch finding holes that almost didn't exist. After an inquiry our third place finish was allowed to stand. The horse, trainer and groom were subjected to some pretty thorough checking for illegal substances at the track. Apparantly for some reason we were subjected to some pretty serious scutiny. Now off to get some poker fix....it's been 2 days now.
  • that was a sweet rece last night, paid good to, missed the tri but had a 20 buck exactor
  • Another steller mile tonight as he became the fastest pacer ever with fractions of 25.1 53.2 1:20.4 and winning in 1:47.2. Now to figure out how to post the photo from my computer on here.
  • didint get to see it live but i knew primetime would win, i bet the race but didint even hit anything can you beleive that haha, the tri paid pretty good for a 6 horse field, why couldint rair earth get 2nd i would have had a 40 buck exactor grrrrr

what do you guys do with primetime now?

i was listening to woodbine live today and they were amazing on what primetime pulled off last night in the crappy weather, they were like if he can pull these times off now now wait until the summer to see what he can do
  • He goes to Rockingham Park in New Hampshire for June 3 race, and now it looks like the 85K supplementary fee for the Canadian pacing derby is highly likely. Next week is a scheduled off week. He came out of that racing looking like he could go again.

Rare earth cut all the fractions and we got a perfect 2 hole trip. I think any horse cutting those times would have trouble in the finish.
  • If you care WarranT he's in the 4th race next Saturday as his prep before going to Rockingham the following week. Hopefully the flooding in New England will have gone by then. The track assures us the race is going to happen.
  • Good luck Joe. Break a leg!

oops... wrong biz. Borken legs not good in horse racing... :'(
  • Yeah Primetime.

Only horse I bet on Sat that actually won me some $$$

:D

Hobbes
  • We leave later this week for rockingham park in Salem NH. I missed the race Saturday as I was travelling back from Quebec City but did (thanks to my sports book) get an exactor bet up with him which payed a nice $11 and change. Hopefully this hot weather will dry out the Boston area.
  • I haven't found anywhere that will be carrying the race locally.  And the pre race odds are now listed, here are the 8 starters with their records so far this year:

RACE: 10  -  06/03/2006  -  ROCKINGHAM PARK  -  PURSE: $ 120,000  -  CLASS: NW SWEEPS
    GAIT: Pace  -  Early Betting  -  DIST: 1 Mile  -  STRS: 8
    PP Horse 2006 Year to Date
                                        Sts W P S Time      Earnings  Driver                 Med Odds
    1 COOL FLYING FUN        21  5 3 2  1:50.4F  $ 86,124 David L Ingraham 15-1
    2 HOP SING                    14  7 2 2  1:48.3M  $ 370,650 Anthony N Morgan    2-1
    3 ATTORNEY GENERAL N 14  3 1 1 1:48.2M  $ 34,850 Stephen M Smith 8-1
    4 LIFE IS A CABARET       13  2 3 1 1:52.2S  $ 60,855 Andy Ray Miller    6-1
    5 ALL OVER THE PLACE   18  4 3 1 1:50.0M  $ 94,275 David L Ingraham    9-2
    6 PRIMETIME BOBCAT     16 10 2 2 1:47.2S  $ 255,201 Jodie Jamieson    5-2
    7 WHOSURBOY              19 4 2 3 1:49.0M   $ 99,322 MICHAEL R MACDONALD  L 12-1
    8 TARVER HANOVER       14 4 0 3 1:50.4M   $ 40,770 TBA 20-1

• To all those who were cheering us on THANKS, We took it down.   After a weekend from hell, I'll get into that later, we did take down the New Hampshire Sweepstakes for a convincing win.  Also on Friday the USTA voted us horse of the month.   Now on to the Canadian Pacing Derby. 

Here's a link to the winners circle picture (they cropped so a lot of people are missing but my brother and I are in it.  I'm not sure how long it'll be up for tho. 

For those who want to see the race here's the video link http://media.putfile.com/Rockingham-Race-10

nhsweeps2.jpg
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Now on to the Canadian Pacing Derby.

Congrats Joe! Just curious, how much of the purse did you get as an owner?

When is the Canadian Pacing Derby being held this year? Sometime late June?
  • The owners get 50% of the purse for 1st. Then there is the expenses shipping, drivers share, trainers share etc. The Canadian Pacing derby eliminations are June 17, 2006 at woodbine with the final going a week later at Mohawk. He still hasn't been entered yet, we have till Tuesday to make a decision.
  • ill be there on saturday droppin some money on bobcat, going from the 1 hole it should be an easy win..

and how about Jeremes Jet actually getting into the big race, does he have horse shoes up his ass or what, i dont expect much from the 10 hole but he should be 3rd or 4th