Weekday daytime play at BCC?

Just looking for some insight into the weekday daytime competition.

I am considering heading up around 9-10am tomorrow and playing for the day.

When I used to play - I always played late evening to late night and primarily on weekends.

So I was wondering what the pool is like during the weekday?

Also if there would any suggested stratgies to accomodate for the different time period.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• You will find more of the regular seniors playing who mostly trundle home or back to the sr. centre for dinner around 4 pm. Tight rocks. When the dealer starts calling them by name look out. Actually most of the players will be the regulars. When they look up from their newspaper and start paying attention they have a hand.
  • So do you play cautiously aggressive against them ? Or stay at home - and wait for another time?
  • I've only been there during a weekday. I found the 2/5 play still fishy and soft. But Moose is right, there were several regulars there.

I also had to wait 2 hours for a 2/5 table. But I know you'll be at the 5/10 or 10/20 tables.

Good luck!!

JohnnieH
  • It seems to be standard procedure that a bunch of tables open up at or around noon.

ie. the wait might be longer if you show up at 9am vs. 12pm.
  • At 9 am there should be seats and you will run into the players who have played all night. Taking chips from sleepy poker players = good practice for the Bristol Bender.

I'm just saying that while some players are still bad the players are tighter, less aggressive and the pots are smaller. Harder to finish ahead of the rake.

If a rock raises, run for cover. If a rock is calling you down, you had better be beating top pair. Don't expect them to chase you down with nothing and have your middle pair stand up. Check rather than bet for value the river as they have likely called you down with an overpair pocket or TPTK or 2 pr. You will find yourself mumbling to yourself, "but they never raised..."
  • Remember just because they're regulars, doesn't make them good.
  • Could someone please do me a favour and check the board in the tournament area/sport lounge.
    I am interested in the final results from this Past Sundays event.
    Check to see who won the 44K and other top prizes for me please.
    I am specifically interested in Stephanie, Marcello, Rick and John and the places they finished.
    Any help would be great, thanks.

Kev
  • I'm probably heading up to BCC too, during the day, are there a lot of 10/20, 20/40 tables running? Do they run any higher, like 25/50 or 30/60?
  • Popkorn wrote:
    I'm probably heading up to BCC too, during the day, are there a lot of 10/20, 20/40 tables running? Do they run any higher, like 25/50 or 30/60?

20/40 is the max limits, except on Tues they run 50/100.

Check out this section for the thread.
  • played 20/40 during the day yesterday at brantford, and let me say it was one of the loosest 20/40 games I've played in.
  • I've never heard of the 20 40 being anything but a great game at any time.
  • The 20/40 game at BCC is always very loose. Lots of extremely loose aggressive players who love to cap preflop with shit cards. If you bankroll can sustain some large swings it can very lucrative.
  • I finally got to try the 50/100 game this past tuesday during the afternoon, it was a lot of fun. Definately one of the toughest limit cash games I've played in.