Any one watch the UFC???

I'm planning on having a UFC party here at my place on may 27th.

i'm just wondering if anyone here would be intersted in coming.

Plans for the evening:

1. watch the UFC Fight on Pay-Per-View
2. Possibly make bets on fight? (I know we have some gamblers here)
3. PLAY SOME POKER AFTER!!! some SnG's perhaps?

thanks guys and gals

johnny

Comments

• Ughhhh yeah! I was planning on going to my buddy Ryan's house as he should be able to get it free by then. Do you think Gracie can pull if off? I wanted UFC 59 and there were definately some upsets.

Either way, we can do it at your house or I'll ask Ryan if he minds if some people come over. Unless you wanna do it at your house, house warming party baby!

Also, we should have some fights afterwards, I want you in the first round Johnny and not Kevin!
    Hahahahaha

stp
  • UFC is amazing, however I don't like the move to Thurs nights, thats prime bar night
  • love watching it, but am cheap, so I see what's free, and nothing more :/
  • i'm gonna order it so no one has to pay for anything

come one, come all

johnny
  • That is the most bizarre coincidence because I was thinking of doing the same thing here in London for either the next UFC card or the Pride or Rumble on the Rock card in May.
  • Something was on last night on SpikeTV. An hour preview of old Royce Gracie matches, back to UFC 1...he's good.
  • Oh I'll be coming...

stp
  • I'm definitely interested but what city are you in? I can never convince my friends to see UFC at our local bar.

I think Barnett & Alistair are going to surprise a lot of people in the OWGP.
  • i watched it last night too. and in watching it made up my mind on who will win. all along i thought dracie woudl take it, but i'm pretty sure matt hughes will win this one. in all the fights i saw gracie had next to no striking abaility, and not much of a defense against strikes. However, what i did notice was that noone really had a chance to get off any strikes against him at all.

So, here are my predictions for this fight.

1. I think that it will be over near the end of the second round.
    2. I think the first round will be a feeler for each fighter. Hughes will have watched all of gracies old fight tapes and woudl have seen his first goal is to get the take down. weather it be from the top or the bottom, gracie will want to be on the ground, no matter what. and matt hughes will be very cautios of the submission. So Hughes will be on the defensive the whole first round, study gracie and look for an opening in the second round. perhaps LET gracie get the takedown in the second so he can mount him and then open up a little ground and pound.
    3. IF Gracie takes the fight, i htink he will do it in a different way. A real upset woudl be if Matt Hughes gets the submission. matt might be looking for the takedown, in which case gracise coudl be looking to inhanxce his knee skills. when matt goes to shoot for gracies legs, grcie coudl give a good knee to matt hughes knowing matt has a weak chin.

just my predictions,
    and i'm in cambridge.

Johnny
  • If anyone cares or is interested Matt Hughes is in London this weekend for an autograph session on Friday at Westmount Mall from 3:30-5:30 and is holding a 5 hour clinic on Saturday that I believe costs $90 to attend.
  • Johnny, you still on for tonight? Call me at home.

stp
  • I saw the card tonight I didn't think it was that great.