Kems VS Royals

I own two sets of KEMs (Arrows (red and Blue) and Diamonds (red and Blue).

A buddy of mind what berating me for spending so much on KEM's when I could have bought Royals instead, for about 1/2 the price.

He claims that they are just as good, but he doesn't (of course) own a set for me to see for my self.

Now I would love to pay less for "High Quality" Plastic Playing cards.

Has anyone here used or played with Royals?

Are they as good or is my buddy blowin it out his ass.

Comments

• I've played with and dealt with Kems and loved them, but I've never tried Royals.

Apparently, Kems are made with a specific type of plasitc (100% cellulose acetate for all of you chemists out there) which is a different kind of plastic than in other brands of plastic cards. It seems that the plastic in non-Kem plastic cards is typically based on vinyl, and I've seen a few comments that vinyl plastic cards wear more quickly than Kems, and more often get sticky.

ScottyZ
  • I will stick with the KEMs. In my mind there is a reason why they are a bit more. Plus in the end its not like the kems cost $8000 anyway where buying a cheaper knockoff would amount to saving much money...
  • anyplace to buy kems in gta?
  • The games shop in the basement (North end of the Mall) of the Eatons Centre sells them for $47 + tax (works out to $55 I believe) which is where I bought my first set.

The second set I bought off of ebay for about $37 total canadian including shipping.
  • pokersupplies.com also sells them.... ;)

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Ordered mine from Cardsbykem on Ebay. Have the tracking number from USPS, should arrive anyday. Cost me like $36 Cdn for Arrow Super Index Poker Wide. I checked out Mindgames in the Eaton's Centre before ordering from Ebay and they only had Bridge With Regular Index and wanted $50 plus Tax.
  • On Pokersupplies.com where are they listed.

They are not under playing cards...

it says coming soon?
  • Hmmm... they were there last time I checked, which was a couple of weeks ago...

Damn, the fancy dealer buttons are gone too!!! Sloth, any idea when you'll be selling these items again?

Regards,
    all_aces