Welcome Home- 33 Rebuy hands

Hey all. I just returned froim just under 2 months in Mexico, so I am ready to play again. I had a good first day back, finishing second in a $20 180 man and going deep in the 33 Rebuy on stars. I was really happy with my play in the 33 rebuy until about 40 players left. 27 Places paid. The whole tournament I was hovering in the top 5 in chips. I got into two situations I wasnt happy about. Both of wich were AK suited. ( I dont have the hand history on me so I will make do)

First Hand.

Blinds 1500-3000 ante something

Hero on Button with 90K
UTG makes it 9K to go, all folded to me. Now, He has about 23K left and I have AKs. I push ( Both blinds had under 20K) He calls with KK and I lose.

Now I am left with just under 60K and remain there until there are 30 players are left, and lose with AKs to TT, and I am down to under 30K. At this point I am short stacked and just and sneak into to the money finishing 27th.

Anyways I guess my question is, in both of these situations, I had a chance to call, see a flop and get out when I didnt improve. So, when you have a big stack, over 30BB, should I not be taking these risks?

As an aside, the tournament was left with a lot of very good players, playing very agressive.

Comments

• You played both right, try to suck out better next time, AKs is a monster on those short stacks.
  • I think you played both right. tips from the pros say to get all your money in pre flop with AK vs the under pairs (sucks he had kings) cause qq isnt gonna call the all in with an ace on the flop, mabye a king but still might not. Nothing you could really have done better in those situations.
  • I suppose there was not much I can do. Those are just the breaks of tournament poker. Thanks