Tips for mentoring a new poker player ...

... or IT'S A BOY!

hello_48_hours.jpg

Luca was born on the 9th of April and Grand River Hospital in Kitchener and is the reason I have not made it out to any local events, posted on the forum or gotten much sleep in the last two weeks :D He was a modest 7lbs 8 1.2 oz and is already back above his birth weight, if he takes after his old man we ought to be hitting the pizza hut all-you-can-eat lunch buffet in no time!

It has been a fun ride so far and can't wait for him to get a little older where he does more than eat, sleep and poop. I will see you all again soon at the local KW events, just might show up with a stroller and a diaper bag ;) "Post and fold for me will ya, he just filled his pants."

Adam.

P.S. A shout out to the staff and nurses at Grand River Hospital, they made our extended stay there as comfortable as possible and were a tremendous help. I even over heard a conversation in the hall about a pocket pair getting rivered by a straight - maybe they read the forum too!

Comments

• Congrats!

You'll be busy for a while. Don't worry, though. Things should get better in about 30 years.
  • Welcome to the club! I know some theatres have "Movies for Mommy" days where the mothers bring their newborns to the theatre; maybe we start a "Poker for New Daddy" tournament with plenty of formula and diapers on hand :D

PokerJAH
  • Congratulations Adam, and best wishes to the missus! You're going to have a blast - kids are awesome!

p.s. you going to bring him Friday?
  • Congrats!

This reminds me of that Flintstones episode where they all took their babies to the legion hall, all the strollers outside in the parking lot, then it got raided by the Po leece. :D
  • Congrats Adam!

stp
  • congrats.

He looks like he'll be a monster on the felt.
  • While I would say congrats, I've heard that babies are -EV. :) We'll see you soon!
  • Congrats!!!

Rob..you're so mean.... right.. but mean.. :)

Little big for a card protector though don't you think?

Mark
  • Congrats to the both of you! He's so cute!
  • Great job and congratz to you and your wife Adam...funny how he looks a bit like me tho?
  • Congrats!
  • Congrats agian to you and Amy!!!!!

Luca is really adorable, so he looks NOTHING like Big E.

Johnnie
  • Congrats Adam, couldn't imagine anything better happening to you and your wife.

Kids are the royal flush of life.

Take care and congrats again to you and your wife.

Dave
  • Congrats Adam!

/g2
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Luca is really adorable, so he looks NOTHING like Big E.

Hey come on now....I'm adorable....or is it miserable....oh well they both end in rable?
  • Thanks to everyone for their kind words. All I can say to you Eric is that I hope he makes better sports team choices than you do - ZING!

Roughriders 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
  • Thanks to everyone for their kind words.  All I can say to you Eric is that I hope he makes better sports team choices than you do - ZING!

Roughriders 2006 Grey Cup Champions!

LOL...well, odds are he will...with how low my Bruins finished he'd be hard pressed to pick a worse team!!!

but that said.....Red Sox 2006 World Series Champs!!!!! (and they will put the Jays out of the playoffs.)
  • Big E wrote:
    (and they will put the Jays out of the playoffs.)

Sweet, we're making the playoffs!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!
  • Congrats! He's a real cutie!
  • Congrats are your new addition. In response to Zithals post, kids are more than -EV. The older they get the more they cost ya. Of course I'm waiting for my kid to get rich and famous and ignore me so then she won't cost me anything. I won't gain anything either but what the hell...... I think we need a poker scholarship or something..... :)