Office Hockey Pool Advice

I have to admit that I don't really watch much hockey these days (thanks to poker  :D), but how can I resist an office hockey pool.  For any avid hockey fans out there, any suggestions you may have on players that are worth considering, it would be much appreciated.  Here are the format details of the pool:

Each person picks the following number of players: 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, two team goalies with no more than six selections coming from one team;
- also pick the Stanley Cup winner for a few bonus points - say five.
- goals are one and a half points, assists are one point, shutouts are two points.

Cheers.

PokerJAH

Comments

• Load up on Detroit and Ottawa players. and if you can snag Jagr or Thornton that would be a bonus too.
  • NO OTTAWA!!

Detroit.
    Buffalo.
    San Jose.
  • players can be duplicated; the only restriction is 6 players on any one team.
  • haddon wrote:
    NO OTTAWA!!

Detroit.
    Buffalo.
    San Jose.

No Ottawa? They only finished with the second highest points total, they are LOADED with snipers who score alot of goals, they may have a rookie in net, but when you are scoring 5-7 goals per game who cares?

Buffalo- Did they have a player in the top 60 in scoring? They are very talented but they won't go too far in the playoffs without scoring.

San Jose- Thornton and Cheechoo will be exciting to watch, too bad they won't make it past the second round.

You are looking for talented players on skilled teams, don't load yourself up on great talent on a team that will likely get knocked out first round (stay away from Tampa Bay and Edmonton in other words)
  • I see a NJ, Det final - therefore, go with Marty B and Chris Osgood.
  • SENATORSSSSSSS Down 0 1 first game, back to 3 1 with ten minutes left in third period. Spezza is godly!
  • Welcome back Martin Havlat.

As for Ray Emery, he's no Hasek, but he's very talented, and will take them deep. Go with Ottawa guns. Don't underestimate San Jose, they had a huge second half, their goaltending is coming around, and that Thornton Cheechoo combo is huge.
  • Emry was on fire last night! He played a very similar game to Hasek. Spezza's goal was so nice,
  • keep teams like ottawa, detroit, carolina, NJ in mind... spezza, heatly, alfredson, staal, maybe grab iggy and thornton. even though he won't lastlong, thornton will be worth your while, IMHO. then again, I've got 9 or 10 pints in me now, I may retract this statement in the morning