Art of table selection

Ok, So I'm doing fairly well at the 6 handed .50/1$ tables on party, and I am starting to realize the importance of table selection... Aside from avg pot size per hand, what do you think is a key factor when observing the table before sitting down ? How about the size of the stacks ? Frequency of preflop callers or raisers ? etc.... I'd like some more in depth knowledge and advice on table selection aside from the typical avg pot size.

Comments

• i usually just look at %of players who see the flop and avg pot... if you like juicy loose games look for high numbers, if you like it a bit tighter go lower...
  • You need to start generating a friends list. First thing I look for is my superfish. Happy days when I find two of them on the same table.
  • I am playing at a table right now where my major ATM has the following stats......67% VPIP 13% pre flop raise a 65% WTSD with a 20% W$SD..... never mind the 50%, 39% 31% VPIP of the others at the table.....
  • pfft...that's nothing. My latest ATM: 90 hands, 71% VPIP, 70 PFR%, 77.05% WTSD
    Lost all his money and rebought for $1000.00. I kid you not. Sadly he left soon after. At least he has lots of money left to lose.
  • how do you see all those stats about the table ? with pokertracker somewhow ?
  • I use game time plus which puts a HUD on the table to see the stats I select.
  • I'd suggest not joining a table where any one player has a monstrous chip stack compared to buy in, make sure there are no huge newbies call with any two cards... dunno what else.