People who lie about what they mucked.

I was playin 2/4 limit on party.

Folds around to me on button with AKspades. I raise to 4. sb folds BB calls.

Flop comes Ad Jd 3s. BB bets, I reraise. He calls. turn brings 8 spades. I bet out he calls. River brings 9s.

I make nut flush. I bet he calls. I take down pot he mucks.

Immediately after he types in in bold letters "Your a Moron!" Nice runner runner moron" Youre so lucky"

I ignore him. and he continues to barrade me. "he says i had a set had u smoked youre so lucky moron".

I then became quite confused so i checked the HH to see what he mucked. QcJh!

What the hell was this guy trying to prove? Do people lie to themselves about how poorly he realy played his hand? I know they do but to the extent of barrade me for almost 5 mins about a hand he didnt have? Even if he did he never reraised me? Anyone else catch someone in a lie? After i discovered this i told the whole table to check HH. Then we all began taunting him while he tilted of the rest of his 100.

Comments

• I don't lie about what I muck, since I know it can be checked, but if someone makes a tough fold to me and says what they had, I will reassure them of a good fold, and tell them what would have had them beat as my hand..

but yeah, I just recently found out that the HH shows mucked cards, so I've got it open constantly - the other day I picked up a $127 pot.. the guy reraised and called me goig over the top at every bet ( i had only joined the table becuae I decided to watch for a few minutes to see how .5/1 NL was on stars, to notice 3 crazy players at the table)
    anyway, the board was paired, there was a straight draw, a flush draw, and he called my entire stack, mucked, complains that I boated on the river, and when I checked the HH, I asked what he had, he claimed 'nut flush' turns out that he called me with Q10o, for a pair of queens!

I didn't push the matter, feeling I'd be better off taking his money if he was unaware that I knew his lie..
  • I ran into one of those the other day too, I just laughed at him. For a hour after I busted him, I keep taunting him to call me WITH ANYTHING. A couple of times I thought he would, but he would spew another round of trash and muck his hand. Even beat me once or twice, but I wasn't going to let him know that. I just kept laughing at him.

Alot of people just can't seem to take a beating very well.
  • I will lie since most of the fish at PP never check the HH. However I won't taunt someone for 5 minutes like that incase he is clever enough to know. A lot of the sites I play at don't allow you to see the mucked cards so then it becomes a non issue. Since when has a poker player ever told the truth.
  • I screenshot a lot of hands (just press PrtSc at the end of the hand, or the HH). I find people like to discuss previous hands so I like to have the ammo to shoot them down if they try and lie about their hand, or to prove my hand if I think it will help to tilt them some.

For example, on Absolute just yesterday, I had A-A. I raised 5X BB and got a a caller, Juliant. I lead the betting the whole way and he was calling. On the turn, I typed in "looks like a chop eh?" and he called that bet. I put him on an ace. On the river, I went all in hoping he would call because he thought it was a chop. He folded. Then he started chatting stuff about how I obviously flopped quads and I was an idiot and such. LOL. So, I wanted him to know I had him beat. Other players were chatting, too. So I posted the screenshot to make him crazy. Here is that board.
  • 13... why would that screenshot make him crazy? It just confirms that he made the right laydown. He probably didn't even have an ace, but if your screenshot showed you only had an ace, then that would have made him crazy. Anyway, nice hand.

On the subject of people lying about their mucked cards, it is obvious that they don't know it can be checked so I never let on to them that I know. It has happened where people have mucked garbage and said something like "way to river me" when a simple check shows I was ahead all along. I see no advantage to me in letting them know it can be verified. This only gives them more knowledge for the future.

Even in the first post of this thread, I see no need to "the whole table to check HH"... a) you've got nothing to prove, and b) any knowledgable player would likely have checked it on their own if they cared, c) any other player that doesn't know about this, doesn't need to learn that from me. Checking hand histories gives valuable insight into how a person plays so why teach people about this at the table. Let them figure it out for themselves.
  • I learnt about this after watching PNL. Thx Devo!
  • Even in the first post of this thread, I see no need to "the whole table to check HH"... a) you've got nothing to prove, and b) any knowledgable player would likely have checked it on their own if they cared, c) any other player that doesn't know about this, doesn't need to learn that from me. 

In hindsight maybe an error in judgment but i was getting mad because he was relentless in his trash talk so i really wanted to knock him down a peg lol.