Bristol St. Classic XXIV - Results!

With a brief haiatus for "The Lengends of Bristol Street", the Bristol Street Classic returned last night for the 3rd event of 2006. This time, it was a $5 unlimited re-buy tournament that produced the largest prize pool ever for a Bristol Street event. In all, 27 players took rebuy after rebuyn and, after a number of hours and nearly $200,000 chips on the table, the final table was formed after "Meistro" Zak busted out in 9th position.

THE FINAL TABLE

Seat 1: "moose" Rob ($13,800)
Seat 2: "folded" Cory ($31,200)
Seat 3: "Pinhead" Brad ($9,300)
Seat 4: "stpboy" Shannon ($45,900)
Seat 5: "Ranger" Mike B ($20,400)
Seat 6: "TNORTH" Tom ($12,800)
Seat 7: "Bluffy" Jeff B ($20,700)
Seat 8: "Westside" Wes ($38,100)

8th Place: "Pinhead" Brad - 11:29pm

With blinds at the final table starting at 600-1,200 (200), some players needed to quickly make a move and double up to have a shot at winning the event. Brad was one of those players and a few hands into the final table moved in with A7. It was folded around to Cory in the Big Blind who claimed.. "I've made worse calls" and called with Q6.

The flop brought a Q and the turn brought the even crueler 6 to knock Brad out in 8th place. This was Brad's first final table of the 2006 season.

7th Place: "TNORTH" Tom - 12:29am

Play then settled down as the blinds rose to 800-1,600 (200) and then to 1,000-2,000 (300). In the midst of all this, Cory won a key hand of the tournament for him. He found himself all in with A7 against Tom's AK. The flop brought two 7's and Tom gained a flush draw that didn't materialize and was knocked down in chip count.

Soon after, tom threw his last 4,000 in with 83d. Bluffy made it 20,000 to go with K9s and, "moose" Rob called all-in for his last 6,000. The three way all-in gave Bluffy a chance to knock out two players in one hand. The flop came AK7 and both Rob and Jeff caught a pair. A 9 on the turn gave Jeff two-pair and it looked likely that Jeff was going to eliminate two players.

But, the 7 on the river paired the board giving "moose" Rob a better two-pair, knocking Tom out of the tournament in 7th place, Bluffy was still alive with a good number of chips. This was also Tom's first final table of 2006.

6th Place: "moose" Rob - 12:37am - BUBBLE-BOY!!

With his nearly triple-up and big blinds, Rob's new found fortune didn't last long. In a battle of the blinds, Rob and Cory saw a flop of JT9. An all-in was declared and called, with Cory showing JT for top two pair and Rob with A9 for bottom pair. The needed A or 9 didn't come and "moose" Rob became the offical BUBBLE-BOY of the Bristol Street Classic XXIV.

Finishing remarkably better than this 30th place BCS XXIII finish, Rob pulled out a respectable evening of poker, surviving a small stack to make his way to the Final Table and 6th place. We're sure, though, that "MrsMoose" won't let him forget that she DID get 3rd place at BSC XXIII.

5th Place: "stpboy" Shannon - 12:42am - $45

Coming into the final table as chip leader, Shannon, the 2005 Bristol Street Grand Champion, was considered by many the odds on favorite to take the title tonight. In what must have been the worst run of cards in his life, Shannon played few hands and tangled in very few pots, letting the blinds and ante dwindle his once large stack.

With the blinds rising to 2,000-4,000 (500), Shannon pushed with KQ only to have Cory find AJ. No help on the Board ousted Shannon in 5th place matching his BSC XXIII finish which should dramatically vault him up the leader board. His second BSC of 2006, his second final table of 2006 and his second cash of 2006. That's a very respectable feat for the 2005 Champion.

4th Place: "Ranger" Mike - 12:45am - $90

In only his second ever Bristol Street Classic, Mike used a flopped straight-flush to give himself the chips needed to make it on to the final Table. Finally feeling the sting of the blinds, Mike pushed in with 3BB's with QTo only to find Wes with AK. The K on the turn spelled the end for Mike.

Mike is new player to the game, but his game has been growing steadily since the beginning of the year. We expect to see more good things from this new student of the game.

3rd Place: "Westside" Wes - 12:55am - $135

With blinds now hitting 3,000-6,000 (1,000), agression and a little luck become the key points to victory. On the short stack, Wes eventually makes his stand with KJs against Bluffy's AQs. The flop brings 27Q and Wes doesn't catch his needed K and is out in 3rd place.

This is Wes's second final table of 2006, as he cashed in 4th place in BSC XXII. With Wes' elimination we were finally...

HEADS-UP

"Bluffy" Jeff B. - $142,500
"folded" Cory - $50,500

Both men were hungry for their first Bristol Street title and the fatigue showed in this 26 minute heads up battle.

On the first hand in, both players found themselves all-in with Jeff's A3 against Cory's K5. The flop brought no-help, but a 5 on the turn gave Cory one of the 6 outs he was looking for and took a very slim chip lead over Jeff.

With even stacks a massive pot formed with players all-in; Jeff's A5 against Cory's 33. Jeff, having turned up the agression, had retained the chip lead so, when no help came for him, he was not eliminated but severely crippled and it appears Cory was poised to take the title.

The very next hand Jeff doubles up, then doubles up again when his AJ held up against Cory's AT. A few hands later, on a flop of 764, Jeff found himself all in again and doubled up for a third time, taking the lead when his J7c help up against Cory's A4.

In the final hand, on a flop of A49, Jeff groggily checks out of turn (was it an angle shoot? was it a result of 6+ hours of poker?) Cory sees this and pushes all-in. Jeff calls with A6 and a 6 on the turn improves his hand and it holds up, giving him the victory, the largest BSC first place prize of $405 and the title of "Bristol Street Classic XXIV Champion"! Jeff now also has an invitiation to the 2006 Bristol Street GRAND FINAL.

Cory, with an excellent tournament, earns $225 for his second place finish.

Updated standings can be found at the following link.

Comments

• OFFICIAL RESULTS

1st: "Bluffy" Jeff B. ($405) - 1:19am - 52 points
    2nd: "folded" Cory ($225) - 1:19am - 37 points
    3rd: "Westside" Wes ($135) - 12:55am - 30 points
    4th: "Ranger" Mike B ($90) - 12:45am - 26 points
    5th: "stpboy" Shannon ($45) - 12:42am - 23 points
    6th: "moose" Rob (BUBBLE-BOY) - 12:37am - 21 points
    7th: "TNORTH" Tom - 12:29am - 20 points
    8th: "Pinhead" Brad - 11:29pm - 18 points
    9th: "Meistro" Zak - 11:17pm - 17 points
    10th: "2BULLETS" Jeremy - 11:04pm - 16 points
    11th: "DirtyWhore" Mark B - 11:04pm - 16 points
    12th: "Oragami" Jonathan C - 10:59pm - 15 points
    13th: "FASSman" Will R - 10:52pm - 14 points
    14th: "Ineedanick" Dave P - 10:28pm - 14 points
    15th: "MrsMoose" Fran - 10:27pm - 13 points
    16th: "FlintBones" Andrew - 10:18pm - 13 points
    17th: Matt M - 10:17pm - 13 points
    18th: "morty" Sean - 10:06pm - 12 points
    19th: "SirWatts" Mike - 10:01pm - 12 points
    20th: "8Ball" Tye Z - 9:58pm - 12 points
    21st: "Zithal" Rob L - 9:57pm - 11 points
    22nd: David B S - 9:53pm - 11 points
    23rd: "JohnnieH" Johnnie H - 9:48pm - 11 points
    24th: "beanie42" Trevor - 9:44pm - 11 points
    25th: "PokerQueen" Mandy - 9:38pm - 10 points
    26th: "ItsaMe" Mario - 9:24pm - 10 points
    27th: "haddon" Josh - 9:12pm - 10 points
  • Wow....$400 for 1st!!!! Congrats Bluffy!!!!!

Thank you again, Mr. Zithal for hosting us once again.

Congrats to the other money winners also.

JohnnieH
  • Good game all - I though for sure I was moving to huge chip stack and removing cory from the tournament with my AK v A7 - but cory remembered to kiss his chips.

Also wanted to add - that I made my first every Royal Flush last night with an Ad.

Thanks Rob
  • Wild tourni! Great job Rob!

With blinds at the final table starting at 600-1,200 (200), some players needed to quickly make a move and double up to have a shot at winning the event. Brad was one of those players and a few hands into the final table moved in with A7. It was folded around to Cory in the Big Blind who claimed.. "I've made worse calls" and called with Q6.

Q6o is money! I moved in with that hand at least twice. (7-2h is also pretty good! Don't you think, Pinhead? :D)

Tye
  • I object to your giving Cory a respectable hand. He called my tripling of his big blind with J7o and hit top pair on the flop and I hit middle pair.

Cory was the showman of the evening, from the in your face, throat slashing motions while he tried to read Bluffy's rivered 2 pr against his TPTK (the only premium hands I'd seen from him all evening) that left him crippled to his oh so gentle whispering of allin into STP boy's ear that forced a fold and put him back in the game.
  • Hey Rob.....

Thanks for a great night of Poker......

Congrats to teh winner.....Cory, u should have kept the glasses ;)