Is there enough interest for two "leagues"

Just wondering if there would be enough interest to validate having two leauges for our member tournaments.

League A: Participates in tourneys with a $10-$20 buyin.

League B: Tournaments with a $50 - $100(?) buyin.

hrrmm?

Comments

• I think it's a great idea. That being said, I'd rather play in a 25-person $10 tournament than a $100 6-person tournament. I guess we'll just have to keep trying to make the pokerforum tourneys on Stars bigger... more players = more diverse bankroll situations. Count me in, though.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Agreed. There would have to be a fair number interested in $50+ tournies to make it worth while.
  • The first $50 tournament SirBry tried organizing seemed to be a flop unfortunately. (But thanks for trying!) I think 1 person indicated an interest?

On the other hand, if you think a high buy-in league might attract some more attention, then why not? Plus the forum is getting bigger and bigger. I'm sure we'll eventually draw in enough high rollers. :)

ScottyZ
  • ya..perhaps it will just be a matter of reviving this thread every couple of months :)
  • bump

Oh, you said months. lol
  • I would be in, but maybe we should start it off at $30 or even $20 to get a little more interest?
  • Guys, as soon as we think we have enough interest, I'll set the tourneys up!...and I'm in!

I just want to ensure that we get at least 10+ people out, as I don't want to abuse/tarnish our tourney making abilities at Stars by creating anything that may look 'trivial' to them....but I don't see a 10+ person 50$+5$ or even 30$+3$ causing any problems.

[edit] ...and I notice esool is quick to spend his newly-earned tourney winnings![/edit]
  • SirBry wrote:
    [edit] ...and I notice esool is quick to spend his newly-earned tourney winnings![/edit]

That's right baby!
    Let it ride! :D