2-4NL Cash Game Hand (I never post these). (Did I suck out?)

I was just playing in a 2-4 shorthanded cash game on Pokerroom.

5 Players, I am BB with As Js

UTG calls $4, Fold, LP Calls $4, Dealer Folds, SB calls, I raise to $10.

UTG calls with Ah Kh.
LP calls with ? ?.
SB folds.

FLOP - Ad Qs 10h

I bet $25
UTG raises it to $85
LP folds.
I call, putting him on a JJ because of the limp earlier and now he trying to protect it.

TURN - Jd

I check because a King beats me or his JJ beats me.
UTG makes it $10, probably afraid I have the straight I am think, I have him on JJ remember?
I bet $110 so he thinks I have the straight.
He calls.

River - Ac

In chat, I say he's beat and make it $785 all in to go not knowing what the hell he really has.
He calls with $563 left.

I pull in a pot of about $1760

NOW....
Question: Did I really suck out that bad?
He was cursing at me and telling me I should give his money back...This has never happened to me online so I felt uneasy.

Comments

• Yeah, you did suck out.

However, with the board paired he shouldn't have really thought his straight was the nuts, which it seems that he did.
  • Did you suck out? You had maybe 4 outs going to the river (not that you'd know it) and you hit one, so I'd say Hell Ya.

He really misplayed the turn and river. Let you draw way too cheap then called a huge overbet with a pair showing and holding a straight. What was he thinking? Then he asked for his money back. That's a first for me. Too funny! Don't feel bad, just add him to your buddy list.

VNH.
  • Definitely a suckout.

Looks like he was trying to trap and it backfired on him.
    I wouldn't of even given him credit for JJ limping in UTG and just calling the raise.
    He let you in way too cheap in the turn (again trying to trap maybe).

So while you did suck out....he let you do it easily.

So what was UTG screen name???

Hobbes.
  • You sucked out bad IMO.

IMO, raising another $6 preflop when 3 players each have $4 in already is begging for action, I don't think you want action w/ AJ s & out of position.

IMO, you can't justify putting him on JJ. If he's trying to protect it as you say, he would've reraised preflop. Why would he wait until post-flop & when there's 2 overcards to go crazy w/ it?

I wouldn't reraise to $110 on the T, as you're most likely getting called only by hands that beat you on such a scary board (ie straight or AQ).

To be fair, I'm not saying he didn't make mistakes either, as he didn't necessarily play the hand well either.
  • I bet $25
    UTG raises it to $85
    LP folds.
    I call, putting him on a JJ because of the limp earlier and now he trying to protect it.

You put him on JJ when he raised on a board of AQT rainbow? What exactly is JJ trying to "protect" on this flop? I probably call, more so because of the gutshot and bd flush draws than thinking my TPGK is good though... That board is UGLY and getting CR'd on that flop should be screaming alarm bells.
  • I check because a King beats me or his JJ beats me.
    UTG makes it $10, probably afraid I have the straight I am think, I have him on JJ remember?
    I bet $110 so he thinks I have the straight.
    He calls.

His $10 bet is brutal with the nuts and with both a potential flush draw plus the prospect of the board pairing wrecking his hand. I guess he COULD be worried a hand like KT or KQd is free rolling him for the flush, but I wouldn't want to give hands like a set or 2 pair a chance to hit their draws. If you're checking because any K or set beats you, why in gods name are you raising massive (bluff I guess?) after you get an awesome price to draw at your (probable) 4 outer? He should have pushed you out of the pot or made it ridiculously expensive to draw at your 4 outer after that.
  • After reading this post... there is only one conclusion you can reach....

... opened an account at Pokerroom!!!
  • Did that $10 not seem insanely fishy to you? He put that bet out hoping to get raised.

Id much rather call the $10 for your MASSIVE pot odds to your boat, and let it go to a bet if you miss.
  • Did you suck out...

No.

Statistically, he had a dominating hand... wah wah wah. If you're gonna complain that you got cheated, you can't play the way this guy did. From my POV, he let you beat him....

Pre-Flop: No raise
    Bad idea... you don't want to really limp in with AK IMO.

Flop: You raise, he re-raises, but only $60 on top into a pot that is now $120. You have top pair, decent kicker, and he's shown no strength.... I call.

Turn: An insulting bet / trap bet of $10 is made by him, so you re-pop him (I may have just called). If I"m him here, I push all in with the best hand (made straight), which I hope you would have folded to.

River: You basically scream out "wow... I just boated" when you bet 2x the pot. This guy still pushes him money in? One of two things have happened here:

A; he's a donk
    B: He's now upset for not protecting his hand enough, and feels cheated, so throws money in.

I don't think there's any way he could have thought he was good there. Your pre-flop raising, and continual aggression let him know you had a hand the entire time, and he did nothing to stop you after the flop. AT BEST he was chopping IMO, and I wouldn't risk my last $500 into a pot where I would profit a mighty $7 (LP's $10 pre-flop call, and the $4 SB call). He slowplayed a pair of aces... this is not a slow-playable hand. If you're going to play dangerously, you're going to have to not whine about the consequences.

I may not have called his flop bet, but 2:1 odds are pretty nice with top pair and a gutshot. Couple that with his weak play pre-flop, and I probably do the same.

Tell him "ouch that sucks dood", but that pokerroom doens't let you dump chips so he better rebuy to slowplay you again.

Mark