Nice Pot, but I don't think I should have been in it

A hand from a game I was in this afternoon. Maybe I shouldn't have been in it at all, but it worked in my favour regardless. The villian was making large bets and taking down alot of pots doing it, but I believe most of the time, he had the nuts and was betting for value. Needless to say, this hand got under his skin just a little. After reviewing it myself a few times, maybe he had the right to be pissed...oh well, like it never happens to me, right??

***** Hand History for Game 3930455031 *****
$50 NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, April 09, 12:13:02 ET 2006
Table Cloud Nine (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 3: Danish_Tiger ( $49 )
Seat 7: thrlbrunette ( $30.65 )
Seat 8: GoingGray ( $100.45 )
Seat 1: SimonPearson ( $47.25 )
Seat 5: ProtocoL66 ( $58.80 )
Seat 4: bapo82 ( $35.35 )
Seat 6: richr20 ( $42.08 )
Seat 2: Midin54 ( $51.90 )
Seat 9: CyborgDan ( $35.41 )
CyborgDan posts small blind [$0.25].
SimonPearson posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to GoingGray [ Tc 9c ]
Midin54 folds.
IglooMaker has joined the table.
Danish_Tiger raises [$2].
bapo82 calls [$2].
ProtocoL66 folds.
richr20 folds.
thrlbrunette folds.
GoingGray calls [$2].
CyborgDan folds.
SimonPearson folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 9d, 5d ]
Danish_Tiger bets [$7].
bapo82 folds.
GoingGray calls [$7].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Th ]
Danish_Tiger bets [$8].
GoingGray raises [$16].
Danish_Tiger calls [$8].
** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
Danish_Tiger is all-In.
GoingGray calls [$24].
Danish_Tiger shows [ Kd, Ks ] a pair of kings.
GoingGray shows [ Tc, 9c ] two pairs, tens and nines.

Okay, so start blasting away. Did I have a right to be in the hand at all?

Comments

• You were chip leader, 2$ really isnt all that much to call, and online is pretty safe knowing that people like to flat call any raises pre flop. Midle suited connectors are a great hand to make money off of, so i like to play em alot. I think you had every right to be in that hand. When you flopped top pair i think you did a nice flat call to see where you were at. I take it you weren't sure if your opponent had a high pocket pair or two over cards. When you hit two pair on the turn though you're one big mistake was the minimum raise. Never ever make the min raise. That's a huge flashing light that tells your opponent you have a great hand and want to slow play/get the most money possible. I personally might have been tempted to fold to that min raise... Gj though otherwise.
  • Right on both counts, AJ. NH.
  • I agree with ChrisWinsor about the min raise on turn.
    The pot was ~$29 to you, and by minimum raising, you gave him correct odds to call no matter what he's looking for, str8, flush, set, etc... Make a raise to at least $25 with your 2 pair, that way it's ~$54 and $17 to him which is incorrect odds for chasing.
    you definitely had a right to see the flop with that hand.