Maple Leafs in the Playoffs???????

I had the offer of 100.00 bet that the Leafs would not make the playoffs.  If they did I owe 800.00.  If they don't I get paid 100.00.  Which side would you take? Should I be worried?

Prophet 22

Comments

• I'd take the bet that they won't make it. :'(
  • It kills me but yes - easy call. They aren't gonna see the playoffs this year.
  • Whoever made this bet with you is doing so as a desperate cry for help. Take the bet, take his money, and then hold an intervention for him to see the wrongs of his being a Leafs fan, and how if he wants to be a winner, he needs to be reborn as a life long Habs fan.

Vive les habitants!
  • Who is the ASSHOLE who made this bet!?!?!? You could give me 20 - 1 and it is still a donation, Leafs making the playoffs...hahaha.

But I guess, in the guy's defence...he has odds to make the call.
  • Based on the standings today... and some rough calculations...

I'd say the actual odds of the leafs making the playoffs are in the neighbourhood of 6000 to 1.
  • 6000-1 eh? That's awesome.

Haha, they'll do it hahaha.
  • I would bet ANY amount that the leafs will not make the playoffs, there is no chance. Take the bet and laugh all the way to the bank.
  • as much as it pains me to say it the leafs will not be making the post season this year. I'd be my life savings on it. (even though I owe more money than i have :D)
  • This kid is taken away from his parents because of child abuse. So they are in court trying to decide what to do with the kid. So the judge says to the kid, "would you like to go live with your Aunt and Uncle". And the kid says "Oh no, they beat me worse than my parents". So the judge says "Would you like to go live with your grandparents". And the kid says "Oh no, they beat me too". So the judge says "Ok obviously we have a real bad family history here of beating their kids. Ok. You need a place to live, so you write down on a piece of paper where you would like to go."

So the kid does that, and the judge reads the piece of paper and he agrees. So the kid goes to the Toronto Maple Leafs because they can't beat anybody.
  • Tampa lost tonight and Montreal plays Ottawa tomorrow...
  • Money in the bank, IF you can collect!
  • haddon wrote:
    Who is the ASSHOLE who made this bet!?!?!?  You could give me 20 - 1 and it is still a donation, Leafs making the playoffs...

Do you know this person well enough to say these things on a public forum?
    Do you think he understands the intent of your comment?
    The sword doth have two edges!

Just a thought , from a carrot crazy Canadian ( and regretably LEAFS FAN)

Milton Slim ( not yet)
  • I'll help Brent collect. BUST SOME SKULLS! WHAT!!?!!
  • OK, being as everyone on here is CERTAIN that the leafs aren't making the playoffs (which I'm pretty sure of too), and are tossing around astronomical odds like 6000:1 and their life savings... I'll take some of that action. I'll put up a loonie, you guys put up your house or whatever. Anyone? Anyone? Ya, I thought not. :)

P.S. For all you other Leaf haters (ie. Sens and Canadiens fans). Montreal won't get by the first round, making the playoffs is their victory (Huet is unproven and won't hold up under pressure). And Ottawa better hope they get the Dominator back because they're in the same boat. Calgary is the best shot for a Canadian team IMO.
  • [quote Montreal won't get by the first round, making the playoffs is their victory (Huet is unproven and won't hold up under pressure).  And Ottawa better hope they get the Dominator back because they're in the same boat. Calgary is the best shot for a Canadian team IMO.

The Sens are so worried about the Leafs, The Habs might just bit them in the ass.

Prophet 22
  • I'm outing myself.

I TOOK THE BET WITH BRENT. HAHAHA!!

seriously though, I did.
  • The Sens are so worried about the Leafs, The Habs might just bit them in the ass.

Fair enough. I'll give the Habs credit, they're hot, and they've got a hot goalie which can take any team deep. The question is how long it will last. As for Ottawa, they always have a great regular season team, but come up short in the playoffs. But with a slightly revamped offense, new coach and potentially a playoff goalie (if Hasek gets back) maybe this year they'll finally do something of note in the post-season. And ya, it probably doesn't hurt that they aren't playing the leafs, because TO owns them in the playoffs.
  • Goddamn Martin St. Louis. That is all.
  • nananana...nananana...hey hey hey, gooood bye! :D

Bleu, blanc, rouge! Bleu, blanc, rouge! Baby!

(with apologies to Habs fans if i spelt that incorrectly)
  • Hey Brent I guess you won that bet.

Cameron
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • boo-urns! The worst of it is that we had fourth row tickets to sunday's game in Buffalo...had they still had a chance, it might have been a bit more entertaining to watch than the 6-0 whupping I got to watch instead. Oh well, we found a little hole in the wall bar by the arena that had cheap beer and awesome wings, so the blow was cushioned.