Party re-absorbs the Empire player base

I received a notification from bonuswhores that Party Poker has reintroduced the Empire Poker tables into their network.

Should make for more yummy games :)

Comments

• I wonder if this opens a buying opportunity on Empire's stock considering it got hammered bad when party booted them.
  • Should make for more yummy games

For the people that were on Empire or Party? I assumed that 90% of the people that played on the old party skins were there for rakeback deals...
  • Yeah brutal!!
    Party lets empire go which kills rakeback then buys them back.. What a scam!
  • Party lets empire go which kills rakeback then buys them back.. What a scam!

It's not a scam. They kick Empire and the rest of the skins for giving rakeback deals (while leeching off Party's player base). Destroy their market value and then buy them back at a fraction of the price. It's freaking brilliant.
  • I don't think the games can get much softer and I don't think that this will bring in many more players as most skin players switched to a Party rakeback when the changes were initially implemented.
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    Party lets empire go which kills rakeback then buys them back..  What a scam!

It's not a scam.  They kick Empire and the rest of the skins for giving rakeback deals (while leeching off Party's player base).  Destroy their market value and then buy them back at a fraction of the price.  It's freaking brilliant.

Not if you use the rakeback! The greedy Bastards!
  • what exactly is this rakeback, out of curiousity? I mean, it sounds obvious, and that you would get some of whatever is raked from you back, but how much, and how exactly does it work?
  • Rakeback is just what it sounds like. You get a percentage of your rake back every month. That percentage can be anywhere from 20-35% depending on the affliliate. Now any bonus are usually deducted from your MGR prior to the rakeback calculation.
  • sites with affiliate programs offer there current players money or rakeback to bring new players to their sites. Alot of online pros use rakeback deals to supplement their income. I know guys who are 8-10 tabling cash games up to 8 hours a day... now if you can consistantly pull in 3bb's from the cash games and then add in 25% of your rake back onto your bank roll it can be very large sums..

Some of these guys have gone from 6 max 1/2 limit all the way up to 15/30 limit and have never sat a limit under rolled...
    They're also running twin monitors to be able to do this with less stress.