WSOP Double Shootouts

Has anyone tried these out yet? I just won a seat into one via the 5.50 rebuy sat. How tough is the competition in these? What's the best time to play?

Comments

• I won one last year.  Played in a few the year before and a DS for the stars cruise.  It really depends how lucky you get when they chose the first set of tables.  If they spot all the best players on one table and you're somewhere else, that's awesome. 

The WSOP DS's have softer competition on the whole because of all the satellites getting into them.  However, there's some really good players in them -- pros (layne flack et. all), semi-pros (raymer) all play them.  It's just the luck of the draw when they play.

I would  worry more about your "prime time".  Go by when you play best.  For me that's between 7:00pm-11:00 pm.  So, I try to enter a one close to 7:00 pm.

Good luck!
  • I'm in now. I thought about waiting until the weekend but I figured I wouldn't play as well if I treated it special. The only guys at my table that I recognize are The Shrike and Buckohfive, although I see some big names on the other tables.

Wish me luck!
  • Whats your nic?
  • I have been trying the $ 16 double shoot outs for a $650.00 seat on sunday. I have come very close twice out of 4 times. 1 2-nd and 1 3rd.

Got some money back but not he 650 I was looking for.
  • I'm 2 for 4 so far. 1 chopped 1st and one $72. The other guy offered an even chop even though he was 2:1 on me. I took it, though now I'm thinking I shouldn't have.
  • Good luck indeed.. I really wish I could play life, but, despite my best efforts, I have no pokerface. everybody knows when I'm lying. even if I'm joking with people I just met, they can read my face. alas, I shall never be a poker pro, unless they let me wear a mask :D