Any use for your own private section?

Not sure if any of you would find this even the least bit useful or not...but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway...

If any of you wanted, I could create a "hidden" forum for personal use to you and your invited friends.

What I mean is, let's say "Sloth" plays with 10-12 guys on a regular basis...and they are always sending emails back and forth about their games. I could create a forum called "Sloth's games". You could then send me the names of people (members) that you want to have access to these forums. They will not be viewable to the public, and "your" members will only be able to see the section when they are logged in.

I don't want to segregate (sp?) the forums by doing this, I definately wouldn't want people feeling compelled to only post in "their" forums...and even more, I don't know if this would be useful to anyone...but I'm throwing it out there in case some of you do find use for it.

FYI: As administrator, I would have access to view your private forum. It's only fair to let you know that, but I won't post anything in there without being invited to do so.

If anyone is interested, lemme know...you can either post here or PM me.

Comments

• segregate (sp?)
    Ding!
    definately
    BUZZ

That's definitely one of the more commonly mispelled words.

I'm not usually a spelling freak, but it was noticable that you put (sp?) on a correctly spelt word, and forgot to put (sp?) on the error. ;)

ScottyZ

P.S. Yes, I misspelled "misspelled" and "spelled" incorrectly on purpose for the Bonus Nerd Points^TM.

P.P.S. No need for a "too much time on your hands" comment. I know. :)
  • I used to be a GOD when it came to spelling, but spell check has made me so terribly careless/dependant on it. :frown:
  • sloth wrote:
    I used to be a GOD when it came to spelling, but spell check has made me so terribly careless/dependant on it. :frown:
    same here:banghead:
  • dependant
    BUZZ

;)

Yeah, I wonder if Spelling is even a subject in school any more...

The trouble with spell check is the odd time you use the worng word, but it still happens to be in the dictionary. Something like

"Monkey can't buy me love."

or

"Their over they're trying to find there biscuits."

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZZZZZZZZZZ

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:

"Monkey can't buy me love."

or

"Their over they're trying to find there biscuits."

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZZZZZZZZZZ

ScottyZ
    ROFLMAO evilgrin07.gif :banghead: evilgrin07.gif
  • Yes...I really only slip when it comes to spelling, not proper tense/use of words. You'll never, ever, ever catch me using "their" in place of "there" or anything to that effect (affect?)

The one that gets under my skin the most is "your" in place of you're.

Your dumb.
  • effect
    Ding!

Another one which annoys me is "should of".

I know I'm dumb. I should of studied. I know I could of passed...

Perhaps we need a Spelling Enthusiast hidden forum section? ;)

ScottyZ
  • Since we're on the topic, I found a grammar error in this months CPP.

A bad one

I will not reveal it publically, but if Dave is looking for editing help, I will gladly offer my services.

hork.
  • okay, so when do use effect as opposed to affect? Once I have had it explained to me, I won't get it wrong again.

Another thing I wonder about is "so long as" or "as long as"

"I don't mind you coming to my game so long as you bring lots of money"

or "I don't mind you coming to my game as long as you bring lots of money"

I always use "as long as" because the other just seems so odd...but "so long as" is almost always used in movies/TV...maybe it's just preference?

So....uh....it's safe to say this has moved just a tad off topic :)
  • Affect is a verb. Effect is a noun.

I can affect something, which will have an effect on something.

I can affect the mood at the poker table, which will have an effect on the amount of money I will win.
  • Very nicely defined.

Regards,
    all_aces

ps: About the private forum, me and AK*1 would probably rather keep our trash-talk public. It adds more weight to the insults.
  • Thanks Hork. I am now a better person.
  • as long as
    Ding!
    so long as
    BUZZ

The latter is merely slang.

ScottyZ
  • what is a noun? :confused:

time to go back to school ...haha :tongue:

EVILevilgrin07.gif
  • what is a noun? :confused:

Don't nouns teach at catholic schools?
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Don't nouns teach at catholic schools?
    i think you gots them confused :confused: with them purple monkeys ;)

EVIL evilgrin07.gif
  • Back on topic, I would have a pretty good use for this private forum thing. Im sick of people who only use IM and they dont check their e-mails.
  • alright. You can PM me if you'd like one. Please include:

*The desired name of the hidden section. (ie Snoman's place?)

*Any existing members of pokerforum.ca that you'd like to have access to your section. You will have moderator status for your section as well. With each new member that joins pokerforum.ca...if you want them to be granted access to your section, you'll need to let me know.
  • A noun is a person, a place, or a thing.

A specific one such as "I" or "My" is a pronoun.

This concludes the noun show for today. lol
  • sloth wrote:
    Not If any of you wanted, I could create a "hidden" forum for personal use to you and your invited friends.

Hmm. I am looking into holding a 40ish player tourney next month and if it works out well, without too many headaches I may make it a monthly event.
    The private forum thingy would probably work well for that.

If a lot of tourney's keep popping up then I won't bother starting my own.
    I will keep you posted..
  • Someone was inquiring about "trolls" during the tourney last night... so...

How about a private section for Multiple Pokerforum.ca Tourney Winners!:D