Funny PLO chat

After getting a lot of money in on a 5689x board this conversation took place.
This is about an hour and a half into a PLO freeplay tourney (don't want to give away too much money getting used to the game)
and this guy has almost 20K in chips

michaelalas: what i had straight 9 to 5
michaelalas: what the hell
michaelalas: 9 8 7 6 5
michaelalas: I was cheated
michaelalas: I made my straight
PRIMACORD: sure
michaelalas: had pocket 7's and pocket J's
michaelalas: so if i have a 7
michaelalas: that means that I made my straight

I think I'll be taking the recent advice of some other forum members to start playing PLO more often

Comments

• This is about an hour and a half into a PLO freeplay tourney (don't want to give away too much money getting used to the game)

I'd guess this is more of a function of the buyin amount than the game. But ya, holdem players have a lot of problems reading Omaha boards sometimes...
  • I have a bit of a problem thinking my hands are better than they are... but I still manage to find suckers.. playing in a stars freeroll yesterday I was hanging around 20-40th place in limit omaha, until 300 or so people were left, and then my ineperience got the best of me i guess, I was out in a few hands..

still, fun to play it with people who know it less than you :D
  • Tried PLO once, my brain still hurts... :D
  • Here's tip...

DO NOT MULTI-TABLE WITH OMAHA!!

Those 5 words just saved you about a gajillion dollars.

Mark
  • So 4 tabling PLO and PLO8 SNG's isn't the best way to learn the game?? :D
  • I once played a NLHE SNG, a PLOM ring game and a PLOM/8 SNG at the same time

I reverted to a caveman for 2 hours... non verbal, sloping forehead, inexplicable attraction to 80's hair band music.

Mark
  • I can beat that...2 PLO SNGs, 2 PLO8 SNGs, and 2 NLHE MTT
    If I didn't have 2 monitors I would have died, but luckily I could position them to easily remember what games were in which places
  • On the topic of PLO, i'm a good PLO player, but have never play PLO/8... today i accidentally registered in a PLO/8 SnG by accident, oh yeah i took it down, it was fun... and i finally understand the game now.
  • wow.. I thought running 4 MTT's at once was hard. then again, I play on my laptop which only has a 12 inch screen.
    regardless, playing 6 tables, you guys are definately the poker equivalent of armchair quarterback pros :D