6 Player Tables - What is the big deal?

Recently, I have heard a lot of folks speaking favourabley about the 6 player tables.

Just wondering what the main advantages are? And varying strategy?

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• You get to play a lot more hands / hour which means a lot more $$ / hour.

You get to play a lot more hands because it is correct to do so = less boredom = less tilt = more $$.

Tons of people do not know how to adjust and play way too tight and you can take their money.

Tons of people overadjust and play everything way too aggressively and you can take their money.

Fish generally play poker for fun/action, playing 6 max = a lot less boring/faster so there's more fish so you can take their money.
  • lol, ^^ what he said...
  • Agreed, I love playing 6max tables, unless I'm multying, in which case I look for 2 tables with 8-9
  • So how are you adjusting your strategy?

And at what level do you find you take advantage of the tight players while maxing out value from the loose players.
  • on stars 6max i find the 1-2, 2-4, 3-6 LHE to be pretty soft. you just gotta work on your table selection and find a good table. as for strat i'd just go with your normal short handed starting hands and play good solid limit poker.
  • 6 max is all about aggression!! not the game for the Weak Tight!
  • Six max games mean you get more hands per hour, which means more decisions. Since your advantage over your opponents is that you make better decisions than them, the more decisions the more profit. Also you can play looser than at full ring and more aggressively. That is more fun.
  • the question is, though: what is more profitable? a 6 person table, or 2-3 10 person tables? providing players are equally skilled.

I find that it's crutial to watch your opponents in a 6max table, especially if it's not full, but at large tables, you can decide just to play top notch cards, and sucker people in.. tough choice.