Limit Holdem - where to start online

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to start online playing limit with a small bankroll ? About a year ago i played the 10c/20c level and was averaging 3-5 BB/hour but got bored with ring games and focused on tourney's. I'm looking at getting back into ring games (limit holdem) and wondering if anyone can suggest which site I should start on and what level ... I'd like to start with a small bankroll (100$?) and try and work my way up. I find that the 5$ and 10$ single table sngo's are tougher than the 20$ and 30$ singo's, would the same apply to ring games (micro's being loose to the point where it makes it more difficult?)

I've played on UB, stars and riverbelle, find stars great for tourney's but not sure about the cash games... found the party software interface horrible and slow...

Comments

• I usually play Paradise's daily $5 Limit Tournament. Starts at 6:30 and usually has between 600-800 players.

Lots of play for $5 and more often than not you get someone at your table who's thought they signed up for a NL tournament, and are willing to tilt/donk off their stack because they "hate" limit.

JohnnieH

EDIT: I just noticed this tournament starts at 7:30, not 6:30.
  • Cool, I'm not sure if i could sit through a whole limit tourney (they must go for a while!), I'm looking to figure out which site would have the best ring games.
  • You'd probably want to start at .25/.5 somewhere with only $100 so that rules out party.  Pacific Poker has great games but the software is terrible (unless it's been upgraded).    I'm not sure about other places, but anywhere playing that low can't be too bad.
  • party is best site for cash games.

Supremepoker was very good to me.

100$ isn't much of a roll . You can prolly start at 0.50/1$ but you have 2 buyins! need a good start.
  • Nine poker (tiger gaming skin)

My wife has run $3 won in a freeroll to $2600 in about 8 months.  Starting at .10/.20 limit ring up through the levels as her b/r grew.  Just started at $2/4 yesterday.

Low level ring is ridiculously fishy.  I will update with actual stats when I get home.  There is a good sign up bonus and continuous 25% reloads, combine that with a rakeback plan and it is unbelievably sweet.  Follow this thread and pm me if you wish to give a referral.

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=7964.0
  • What makes party so great ? just the fish ? I really find the play slow and ugly as hell
  • I've had reasonable success at Poker.com for limit games. PM me if you want use me as a referral. I did sign up at 9poker and had success there but just hated the software, most people there. Pacific software is bad bad bad but the games are soft. Pokerroom also has some pretty soft games. I can offer a referal to a rakeback site for a poker room skin too.
  • the micro on stars is not worth playing, loose beyond playability, at least not for my liking.
  • party is best for game/table selection and number of tables running.. more people more fish more moneayyyyy!
  • 9poker

Typical flop %
    .1/.2 60-70%
    .25/.50 50-70%
    .5/1 50-60%
    1/2 40-55%
    2/4 35-45%
  • wow, those numbers are incredible
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    I've had reasonable success at Poker.com for limit games.  PM me if you want use me as a referral.  I did sign up at 9poker and had success there but just hated the software, most people there.  Pacific software is bad bad bad but the games are soft.  Pokerroom also has some pretty soft games.  I can offer a referal to a rakeback site for a poker room skin too. 

Hey Acid Joe were you playing the 4K freeroll yesterday (April 3) on Poker.com? I was playing it and saw a player (not at my table) with the name Acid Joe and was wondering if that was you. 

BTW I busted out around 42 making a cool $8.00. If that was you how did you do?
  • I find the limit games (.50/1.00) very juicy at PokerNow, Empire, Party, and PokerRoom...with $100 you can 4-table...I sit with $25 per table and it's been profitable. I like the PokerNow/Empire software...absolutely hate PokerRoom but the players are sooooooo bad I can't leave! Party is Party, it's crazy and I find if you play tight on all those sites you really get paid off. Stars can't be beat for SNG's and MTT's IMHO!
  • with $100 you can 4-table...I sit with $25 per table and it's been profitable.

Just a word of warning. A $100 BR for .50-1 is a VERY short roll. You better get off to a good start or you're going bust. I'd agree with SirWatts that .25-.50 is probably doable (still a bit short for my liking). Just make sure you signup somewhere with a decent bonus (that's whorable at the micro-limits), so that you can pad the BR the easy way...
  • gokorda wrote:
    the micro on stars is not worth playing, loose beyond playability, at least not for my liking.

There is something really wrong with this, the looseness should make it more FOR your liking.
  • I agree with many of the other posters. I wouldn't recommend being lured to Full Tilt for their bonus. The competition at Full Tilt is pretty tough I think and as far as getting the bonus (100% match) it is really tough to clear at the low limits (at least that's what I've found). I've pretty much given up on clearing my bonus there as it will take forever and I don't have that long!

I've really grown to like the $2/4 at Poker Room but that might be a goal once the BR grows.

Just my two cents worth.
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    with $100 you can 4-table...I sit with $25 per table and it's been profitable.

Just a word of warning.  A $100 BR for .50-1 is a VERY short roll.  You better get off to a good start or you're going bust. I'd agree with SirWatts that .25-.50 is probably doable (still a bit short for my liking).  Just make sure you signup somewhere with a decent bonus (that's whorable at the micro-limits), so that you can pad the BR the easy way...

of course it is a very short roll, it's your entire roll....at one of these sites tho it's very easy to clear a deposit bonus 4-tabling $25 per table at .50/1.00 limit and stay a float long enough to make the bonus....that said being carefull is very good advice!

on Empire it's even easier clearing the bonus playing at the $25NL tables, they count as a raked hand after $0.05 is raked!!!!!!!

I just don't think you can clear the bonuses playing at levels less then that.
  • Poker Stars has plenty of micro limits and the games are super soft at those levels.