A tale of 2 blind steals...

Villian has shown he's willing to pretty much defend his BB with any 2. One of those stubborn BB's that simply won't fold. Best strategy vs. this type? Play back at him with modest hands, or just give him rope to bluff his garbage into you? Plan A is obviously higher variance, and you potentially get yourself into more trouble when he has a hand. B is lower variance, but seems weak.

Hand 1:

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (note this was actually a full table, but a bunch of people were sitting out this orbit)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ac, 9d.
2 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8d, 9s, 3c (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) Jd (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 8s (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

Hand 2:

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6h, 6s.
5 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 7h, Qs, 4h (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 7c (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

River: (5.16 BB) Qh (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

NOTE: The river call is obviously stupid. Multi-tabling and thought board read QQ447 not QQ774. I was a little puzzled with the result until I realized my sheer dumbassery here...

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

I think I've become way too passive in my approach to habitual bluffers. I seriously considered raising hand 2 on the flop, but my worry was that villain could 3 bet with air here. Hence I pussied out... Thoughts?

Comments

• Hand #1 is standard. Hand #2 obv. river call is beyond bad, I would probably play it the same but fold river, maybe raise flop, and sometimes fold flop. I hate it when there are 2 overcards against my PP against a donk bet.