steven wright moment today

This was one of those moments when you sort of stare and appreciate the cosmic sense of humour (or irony).

Earlier this week I bought a new garbage can. I put out my old can to be removed but the dude left my old garbage can on the curb this AM.

*sigh*

Comments

• You gotta tape a note to it.
    That's what I did lol

kind of make you wonder how bad a garbage can has to be before the man takes it...

:D
  • I believe it is impossible to throw out a garbage can by just leaving it on the curb. Even if you wright on it "please take can too".

It took me 4 garbage turns to get rid of mine. I had to cut it up into small pieces and stick it in the new can.
  • Thanks for the laughs, guys!!!

JohnnieH

ps...What's wrong with having 2 garage cans?
  • Two Garage Can's?

Problem is they take up the whole house.
  • Dead Money wrote:
    I believe it is impossible to throw out a garbage can by just leaving it on the curb. Even if you wright on it "please take can too".

It took me 4 garbage turns to get rid of mine. I had to cut it up into small pieces and stick it in the new can.

Took me 3 tries to get rid of mine LOL
  • My favourite Steven Wrightism:
    guy:
    "this is a picture of me when I was younger"
    Steven:
    "OF COURSE, every picture of you, is a picture of you when you were younger..." :D
  • jpajamas wrote:
    My favourite Steven Wrightism:
    guy:
    "this is a picture of me when I was younger"
    Steven:
    "OF COURSE, every picture of you, is a picture of you when you were younger..." :D

That was Mitch Hedberg not Steven Wright.
  • I'd never thought about throwing out a garbage can before now. fun concept though, as well as cause for many creative ways to dispose of one.
  • Then Steven Wright borrowed his line, because I've never seen Mitch Hedberg... :D
  • jpajamas wrote:
    Then Steven Wright borrowed his line, because I've never seen Mitch Hedberg... :D

http://hometown.aol.com/valleygirl1983/mitch.html

"One time a guy handed me a picture of himself and he said. "Here's a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. Here's a picture of me when I'm older. How'd you pull that off? Let me see that camera."
  • gokorda wrote:
    I'd never thought about throwing out a garbage can before now. fun concept though, as well as cause for many creative ways to dispose of one.

Put in the garage and sell the house :D

Hobbes
  • Is there a garbage can for old garbage cans? What do you do with it when it gets old?
  • Thanks for the link JohnnyH! This guy was funny as hell!
  • jpajamas wrote:
    Thanks for the link JohnnyH! This guy was funny as hell!

He was, jp. He died in March '05.
  • I never heard of him till now either,
    Hillarious stuff though, too bad he died.

This was for me the funniest...

"I lke refried beans. I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time."
  • Every other month or so, "Just for Laughs" play one of his sets.

He had a small role on "That 70s Show" in the late 90s. And he has a few CDs.

JohnnieH
  • moose wrote:

I've seen the webpage before, but Thanks Moose!!

JohnnieH
  • "I've got two straws in my drink, in case one breaks down."

"I was gonna get my teeth whitened but then I said, fuck that, I'll get a tan instead."

"I got so much tartar I don't dip my fishsticks in shit."
  • Excellent link Moose!