My aces held up ... against aces

Playing 0.25/0.50 , I was dealt :ad :ah . 

UTG (solid TA, started hand with $53, but I have him slightly covered) raised to $2.
Folded around to me, I re-raise to $5.
UTG re-raises to $18.
I push
UTG calls showing :as :ac . 

Then we run the board:
:jh :2h :qh :7h :5d

At least I was on the right side of it this time :) .

I also noticed a LOT of extreme players (too loose or too tight) at Empire tonight clearing the bonus. I stayed tight but a little looser than I normally play and cleaned up (20 BB/100 over 1500 hands). I like clearing bonuses, but I like other players who are clearing bonuses better!

Comments

• Nice hand!!!

You must loved seeing 3 heart on the flop...and Villian must have been crying! (or swearing)

You should have refered him to:

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5913.0

JohnnieH
  • AA is rigged!

Nice hand Trevor, it's always sweet, if somewhat dirty, when you can win a pot that way!
  • LOL it reminds me of a tourney at the Training room where 2 guys got all in first hand (it was a rebuy) and one flips over AQ clubs the other AQ diamonds with the board flopping T J K all clubs......

Sometimes suits do matter
  • So nasty! I saw an AK suited vs AK suited hit his flushed, but i think aces vs aces takes the cake
  • I have seen a really gross version of this hand live. Tight rock who has been running terrible and I mean TERRIBLE in this game raises coming in and gets re-raised. After a little acting the rock shoves and is called by KK. Rock turns up KK and the other guy says oh well we chop. Just as they are about to divide up the pot a buddy a guy comes back from the bathroom and says "What about a four flush?". The dealer then quickly deals out the board and rocks hand is no good. This is bad cause they were about to chop (allowed at this game) and if he doesnt pipe up or if the dealer even waits to see what the players said then the board is never seen and a chop is done.
  • gotta love it, however frustratng it would ahve been to be on the other end of that deal :P