Hand Analysis - get it in with AKo or wait for a better spot?

This is from a sat to the WSOP Sunday 650 qualifier on stars. Stennml has been limping some crappy hands from ep, so i'm not worried about him. I am fairly certain that DA-FREAK1 is not playing AA or KK like this as I have seen him 3 bet with KK earlier and he used a much smaller reraise. He has been pretty aggressive and has seen me laydown to a 3-bet preflop...although that was against a much tighter player. I put him on AK/AQ or a mid to high pair excluding AA/KK.

At this point there were about 30 left in the tourney and 7 got seats. I'm not hurting for chips just yet, but winning this will put me a very good position to put pressure on the other players. I think I take this everytime in this situation...what do you guys think?

PokerStars Game #4437191271: Tournament #21819676, Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/03/27 - 22:15:22 (ET)
Table '21819676 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: chitter23 (1005 in chips)
Seat 3: deucelow (4208 in chips)
Seat 4: DA-FREAK1 (7680 in chips)
Seat 5: Cubsrule123 (4085 in chips)
Seat 6: docbaby (4520 in chips)
Seat 7: stennml (5235 in chips)
Seat 8: Pokerado (4990 in chips)
Seat 9: Oni5000 (3760 in chips)
Cubsrule123: posts small blind 75
docbaby: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Oni5000 [Kh Ac]
stennml: calls 150
Pokerado: folds
Oni5000: raises 450 to 600
chitter23: folds
deucelow: folds
DA-FREAK1: raises 7080 to 7680 and is all-in
Cubsrule123: folds
docbaby: folds
stennml: folds
Oni5000: ??

Comments

• GAMB00L..

Call.
  • It's a low-but-in sat, easy call...you need to double once to be in contention and this is likely the spot to try
  • Given your read this is a pretty easy call against the range you put him on. You should probably try to flop better in the future.
  • I hate calling an all in with AK but don't mind going all in With it. I think now is the time to gamble and I call. Given the range of hands you put him on and his tendancy to play KK or AA milder than that you either:

a) have him dominated
    b) your racing

I say take the flip.
  • With your read on him, doesn't seem like a bad spot to gamble to put yourself in a better position to win a seat.
  • I did end up calling and he flipped over QQ...I missed and that's that. Gonna keep plugging away at it though...i've been having good success winning seats to the Sunday 215 through the 36+3 sats where there's a seat for every 6 entries. Each seat I win there gets cashed for T$, which gives me a shot at the 73+7 to the sunday WSOP qualifier and 3 more entries to the 36+3. Gonna keep trying to repeat that until I get in.
  • I'd probably fold, just in case the guy was palying aces or kings and hoping to god you had queens or ak and would call his bet. If he does have a mid pocket pair you're behind by about ten percent, so in the long run making those calls with just make you lose. I also like leaving things up to my skill as a player and you wouldn't have lost too much in that pot by folding when he raised.