Full Tilt Poker

A new poker room just opened up that is comprised of pros. I know most people on RecPoker must of heard of this. I got to play in a $400 Freeroll at midnight with Andy Bloch, and I played tight so I could get to a table with him and was lucky enough to be moved to where he was about 20 minutes into the tourney. Downside was that the table broke up after two hands. 2.5 hours later, I was seated again with Andy at the final two tables. He busted out in 16th (his two pair rivered by an inside straight), and I got busted (Shortstacked) 15th when I went all in with bottom pair (only 2BB) and got called by a higher PP.

Very nice payouts for freeroll (top 20% get paid) so a lot of money going around.

In their first Freeroll about a week ago, Phil Gordon won. He said earlier that he would give his prize money to whomever busted him out. Once he made it to the final table, he annouced that if he won, he would donate $1000 to a Charity (very nice of him).

They currently don't have any Real Money games yet, but the Pros come on and play for some hours at the Play Money tables (5-10 NL up to 100-200 NL). Waiting list can be quite long tho, I had to wait 1 hour to play with John Juanda.

Some Pros:
Phil Ivey
Howard Lederer
Erik Seidel
Erick Lingren
Andy Bloch
Connie Gowen
Paul Wolfe (Not a bolded name)
Phil Gordon
John Juanda
Chris Ferguson
Perry Friedman (The Programmer, I assume)

Comments

• HAHA, I juse checked my account. Their was a 3 am $400 FREEROLL, limited to 500 people (500 ppl joined as did I). I thought top 90 got paid like last time and I was tired, so I decided to sleep. I woke up, and found out I now had $5, as top 180 got paid and i came 143 without touching a hand, now that is how poker should be, making money while you sleep.

Side Story, once joined a $200 FREEROLL on Royal Vegas Poker (Limited and Maxed out @ 3000 people). Started @ 11 am, but I slept until 12:15 pm and I woke to find myself all in (with 700 ppl ish). Well, I turned the 50 chips into 18,000 and came in 4th (got $10), I did it mostly for kicks.
  • Tilter wrote:
    HAHA, I juse checked my account. Their was a 3 am $400 FREEROLL, limited to 500 people (500 ppl joined as did I). I thought top 90 got paid like last time and I was tired, so I decided to sleep. I woke up, and found out I now had $5, as top 180 got paid and i came 143 without touching a hand, now that is how poker should be, making money while you sleep.

Side Story, once joined a $200 FREEROLL on Royal Vegas Poker (Limited and Maxed out @ 3000 people). Started @ 11 am, but I slept until 12:15 pm and I woke to find myself all in (with 700 ppl ish). Well, I turned the 50 chips into 18,000 and came in 4th (got $10), I did it mostly for kicks.
    I wish I were that good that I could sleep and win!!! :tongue:
  • My night on FTP yesterday. They had a $40 FREEROLL for LIMIT Omaha HILO that started @ 1am, so I said what the heck, I'll see how I can do. 546 signed up (top 4 get paid lol). After 2 hours, I was in the middle of the pack (80 ish left) so I decided to play on, made it to the final 4 with a stack that was half the chips in play. Had a set busted, and I thought I had a low, but I didn't. I had like an Ace low (broken up) and the other person had a low straight (took the low somehow)?!? In the end, I came 2nd for a WHOPPING $12 for my 5.5 hours of play!

I now have $23.20 in that account, can't wait for the real money play!
  • I had like an Ace low (broken up) and the other person had a low straight (took the low somehow)?!?
    Technically, there's no such thing as an Ace-low. Low hands are ranked (and named) by *high* card first.

If you have A8KQ and your opponent has 67KQ with a board of 345KQ, your opponent wins the low with his 7-low (76543) against your 8-low (8543A).

If you're not sure, an easy way of deciding who wins low which I heard once is to get each player to make the highest possible integer with their five cards (Ace = 1). That is, just line up the cards high to low from left to right. The lowest integer (as long as it's made with 5 unique ranks of course) wins the low.

[Okay, for the true nitpickers, there *is* such a thing as an Ace-low, but in a different game than Omaha Hi/Lo. For example, AJ642 is called an Ace-low in 2-7 lowball.]

ScottyZ
  • Also playing in tonight Omaha HI, doing pretty good, from the 600 registered, down to the final 37 (after second break) in the middle. $40 FREEROLL though lol, top 4 paid.

Also got to sit @ the play money tables with Erick Seidel. One hand he raise from 10 to 30 and I called with AQ. Flop was Axx, he bets 100, I reraise him 300 (all in), he calls, he shows AJ. I take him down. Highlight of my night. He rebuys in for min (400). He tells me I have a nice name "Tilter", its a natural :)

So I decide to see if I can do it. I can 72o in the BB, he raises me 100 from the SB, I fire back 400 (all in) hoping he woudl fold, and I would show him the 72o (the TILTER) but he called with AKo and I lose, but still in :)

FTP is quite fun I want an IVEY jersey
  • O wow, thanks for the help Scotty. Now I know! Was Always confusing me!
  • ice wrote:
    I wish I were that good that I could sleep and win!!! :tongue:
    Yeah, I did it again. I signed up for a 4:30 am tourney, max 900 (520 signed up) and 180 places paid. $400 FREEROLL, i came 103, I now have $25.20 from this site from pure freerolls, hope it will become helpful once the REAL MONEY GAMES go live!