PokerStars Disconnections

Over the last 3 weeks, I get constantly disconnected from PokerStars.. Like every 10 min or so. I've been on Bell for almost a year and have never been disconnected before. But lately, it's non stop.

Has anyone ever experienced this recently or have any advice for me ( I'm looking at beanie and other "computer" guys to help me on this one!!!)
I called Bell 3 times and they insist it's not there line or anything..

HELPPP.. Really frustrating as now I only have 1 table going b/c I'm scared of the frequent disconnects??

Comments

• Try resetting your modem & router.

1. Unplug the power to your router.
    2. Unplug the power to your modem.
    3. Wait 30 seconds.
    4. Plug in the power to your modem.
    5. Wait 1-2 minutes (or until the LEDs stop flickering)
    6. Plug in the power to your router.
    7. Network should be back up in another couple minutes.

I have had Rogers Highspeed for the past couple years (in 3 or 4 different houses) and any time the network gets slow or disconnects frequently, I have found that this fixes it. Beats me as to why, but it works for me.

/g2
  • Disconnections are very frustrating.
    I had this same problem last year with Bell sympatico. I had used Bell for almost 2 years up to that point, and then the service began disconnecting on a regular basis. I played on Party poker and Ultimate bet and it seemed the internet would disconnect "conveniently" when it was 4 handed during a sitngo I was playing(top 3 paid). It was frustrating to say the least. I called support and they decided it was the modem. After the new modem was delivered, the disconnections continued. A technician came to check out our phone lines, modem, setup etc. It was discovered that I shouldve never been allowed Bell's service, and that I was outside their server "range". This was confusing, as the internet worked very well until the final couple months. I switched to a local (No Rogers available) cable internet provider, that Ive used ever since.
  • What g2 said.  However, if you still have problems, try moving your DSL modem to a different jack in the house (right at the demarcation point if possible) and connect the modem directly to your computer.  This will help rule out the router and the actual phone jack (in case they are the source). 

I'm actually going through the same pains right now, but it appears that the splitter right at the demarcation point may be broken :( .  It's taken me hours and hours over the past month to isolate it to this point, and it still isn't working right.  Unfortunately, support will only play "hot potato" with you and keep putting you off, so you're better off figuring it out on your own.
    folded wrote:
    HELPPP.. Really frustrating as now I only have 1 table going b/c I'm scared of the frequent disconnects??
    I'm with ya. I've lost over a couple hundred from discons so far - it REALLY REALLY REALLY hurts losing with quads to a missed flush draw :rage: