Absolute Disconnect and Funny (or ridiculous) Support Response

I frequently play PLO HU sngs on Absolute. Thankfully I was only playing one table on there when I got disconnected. The blinds were something like 50/75 (they have a weird 2/3 sb level in there) when I got booted from their server (Party and Stars and the rested of my connection still fine, so I surmise it was on their end). I email for a refund and get this response:

Dear David,
>
>Thank you for your email.
>
>According to our records, at the moment of this disconnection, you had only 780 chips, and the next player in the tourney who was nearer to you had over 2000 chips. For this reason, a refund is not available, since your chances of continuing in the tourney were slim to none. If your situation in the tournament was better, your account would be refunded on the spot, but in these circumstances, a refund is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
>Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Ron Cole
>Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
>"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
>Support@AbsolutePoker.com

How ridiculous is that?

I will note that in the past the occasional d/c from their server has resulted in a refund and that I was by no means out of this game.

Comments

• Yeah thats amongst the top 10 worst responses from support ever.
  • It's consoling to know that they're there for you.
    >Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!
  • Guess they never heard of "a chip and a chair".   How incredibly stupid.  You only needed to double up once to get back into the game.
  • What GTA really wanted to know is if they were there for him.

I think the response was good ;)
  • Not to worry, we're here for you.
  • You should reply with the attached response and give them an instance of a chip and a chair.

For that reason alone you should be given a lease 2nd place money, but hold out for first.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    your chances of continuing in the tourney were slim to none
    At least it was an objective response :D , although you should ask for a copy of their guidelines and find out what the chip counts are for "bad", "slim", "none", and "miracle".
  • Dead Money wrote:
    For that reason alone you should be given a lease 2nd place money, but hold out for first.
    What does 2nd HU pay? :D
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Dead Money wrote:
    What does 2nd HU pay?  :D

exactly the same amount as the refund he got
  • Thanks guys, I feel better now.

It was surprising to me as their support has always been fairly decent regarding refunds for d/cs on their end. However, it has lead to me saving money while multitabling. Whenever I dip below 800 chips now I simply sit-out and start another table, more EV for me....suckers!
  • I wouldn't let this issue die. I would keep on until they either banned me or compensated me for the loss. Their reasoning is insane. Please don't let them get away with this.
  • I wouldn't let this issue die. I would keep on until they either banned me or compensated me for the loss. Their reasoning is insane. Please don't let them get away with this.

I totally agree - that is the biggest load of crap I have ever read! How on earth can they actually justify that?

I'd escalate that issue as high up as you can.
  • That actually ranks up there as the funniest response in a while.. After all 700 chips or so..... out of 3000 total. When I play heads up I don't like my opponent having any more than 300 before I consider them dead. I guess I better reconsider my reasoning. Or better yet win first hand and disconnect after all what chance does my opponent have of catching me......

I would keep after then GTA but I doubt it will do you any good.

And speaking of disconnects is it just me or is Party been crapping out large in the last few days. I had 2 tourney's come to a complete halt last night while they paused momentarily for 30 minutes or so.
  • For this reason, a refund is not available, since your chances of continuing in the tourney were slim to none. If your situation in the tournament was better, your account would be refunded on the spot, but in these circumstances, a refund is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That is one of the rudest, insulting and ignorant statements I have ever seen.
  • moose wrote:
    For this reason, a refund is not available, since your chances of continuing in the tourney were slim to none. If your situation in the tournament was better, your account would be refunded on the spot, but in these circumstances, a refund is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Maybe they've watched him play.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    moose wrote:
    For this reason, a refund is not available, since your chances of continuing in the tourney were slim to none. If your situation in the tournament was better, your account would be refunded on the spot, but in these circumstances, a refund is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Maybe they've watched him play.

Apparently not:

hank you very much for your email.

We apologize for the confusion. Let us inform you that we have refunded your
    account with $21 for tournament 809017.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you
    with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Anayuri
    Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
    "Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
    Support@AbsolutePoker.com

Absolute Poker is pleased to announce a new 200% up to $200 initial deposit
    bonus. Use the code AP200 in the cashier window!
    --Original Message--
    Date: 03/20/06
    To: support@absolutepoker.com
    Subject: RE:Your server booted me, refund please [#2285336]

What are you talking about? The blinds were still low and this was a Pot
    Limit Game, that could b emade back in one hand. If you review the last
    heads up PLO game that I played I came back from a similar defecit. This is
    a ridiculous response, please refund immediately and upgrade your server.
  • I guess customer service isn't on the schedule in India. Glad it all worked out for you once someone actually investigated what happened.
  • I'm glad they refunded your money. I saw the original post and was very upset. How could they admit to a server problem which 'creatively' they did and then say "Sorry, you were an underdog - thanks for coming out".

If I had a dollar for everytime I was short stack and went back to win a tourney, I'd be a multi dollar-aire. :D
  • Generally, they are very good. That's why I was amazed at the original reply.
  • hank you very much for your email.

My question for support would be, why are you calling me Hank?
  • Surely you're kidding
  • Everyone knows that short stacks never come back to win tourneys. That only happens in the movies. :D

TwoChipLouie