Port Perry Saturday afternoon

I stopped by GBH yesterday afternoon to play some 5-10. I was there between 4p-8p. Wait when I got there was around 30 min, but after I was seated there was rarely ever a wait list. Table was loose-passive, consisting of a couple regulars (content to play a couple hands every now when they weren't chattin' it up with the staff) and a few weak players that kept donating to the rest of us.

A couple of my more profitable hands:

I get As Ad in MP. One early limper, I raise, one LP caller, blinds and EP call. Flop comes Jh 9h x. SB bets, 1 caller, I raise, folded back to SB and EP who call. Turn is Ah, SB bets, EP calls, I raise, SB re-raises, EP folds, I re-raise, SB calls. River is non-heart junk, SB thinks a while and then checks, I bet and he calls. He flips over 2 pair AJ, I show him my set of A’s.

A couple orbits later, I get JJ in LP. A couple early limpers, I raise, blinds and original limpers call. Flop comes down A Q J rainbow. BB bets, EP’s call, I raise, everyone calls. Turn is a brick. It’s checked to me and I bet, BB calls, everyone else folded. River is a glorious A. By now I had this guy pegged on Ace-junk, so this was the very best card for me. BB bets, I raise, he 3-bets, we keep raising it a few more times until he finally just calls. He shows A-7 for a set of Aces, I show him my boat.

All in all, up $310 in 4 hrs, not too bad an afternoon for a low-limit player like myself.

Comments

• Good stuff.

Not a bad waiting time for Sat evening.

Might catch me moving from the luck tables to the pit soon.
    I'll be one of the newbs trading his chips for lessons.