I won a big pot the other day

I cannot find the hh for this but i will try to be as accurate as possible.

Its 1/2 no limit on party. full table i am in late posiiton i am dealtt 67 sooted. 4 limpers to me so i limp for 2 dollars. sb folds bb checks.

flop comes 578 rainbow. BB checks, ep guy bets 2 other three call 2 i call here then bb reraises to 16. one guy before me calls. I call.

Now i am wondering if ths was ok? I have open ended draw plus middle pair. turn brings jack. bb 10 again. other guy calls and so so I. Was this ok? I am figuring it to be an ok price to draw on but am i right? River brings my 4. BB checks here. other guy checks i go all in. No i dont think my all in here was a good play but it worked. BB actually types in "made ur straght didnt u?" waits his fullt 15 secs then calls for 120 more shows 555 and then begins to barrade me about how i played it. Now i am wondering if i was getting right price to draw or should i have gotten out? the only call i am really thinkin wasnt that good was on the flop. Cuz he was betting so small after the flop compared to the pot i was sure to be getting descent odds for my draw.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• If I read this right there was $53 dollars in the pot when the the action came back to you at the flop and it would cost you another $14 to cover the balance fo the reraise. Open-ended with middle pair I make that call. Without any more info/read on the players I assume already that one of them has a set or 2 pair at worst, one might have flopped a straight but I call at that price.
  • JuiceMan wrote:
    Its 1/2 no limit on party. full table i am in late posiiton i am dealtt 67 sooted. 4 limpers to me so i limp for 2 dollars. sb folds bb checks.

Ok to limp here in my book, pot is at $13
    JuiceMan wrote:
    flop comes 578 rainbow. BB checks, ep guy bets 2 other three call 2 i call here then bb reraises to 16. one guy before me calls. I call.

You're first calling the $2 bet with 21 in the pot and your odds of hiiting the straight are 8/47, pot odds seem to justify the call.
    Then you're on the hook for another $14 bet with $51 in the pot and your odds are still 8/47. Your pot odds do not justify the call, you may have those implied odds to call if you think you can get paid off if you hit. So now the pot is $65.
    JuiceMan wrote:
    Now i am wondering if ths was ok? I have open ended draw plus middle pair. turn brings jack. bb 10 again. other guy calls and so do I. Was this ok? I am figuring it to be an ok price to draw on but am i right?

Now the pot is $85 and your odds are 8/46 and your being asked to call $10. Pot odds dictate that you should make this call. Pot is now $95.
    JuiceMan wrote:

River brings my 4. BB checks here. other guy checks i go all in. No i dont think my all in here was a good play but it worked. BB actually types in "made ur straght didnt u?" waits his fullt 15 secs then calls for 120 more shows 555 and then begins to barrade me about how i played it. Now i am wondering if i was getting right price to draw or should i have gotten out? the only call i am really thinkin wasnt that good was on the flop. Cuz he was betting so small after the flop compared to the pot i was sure to be getting descent odds for my draw.

Thanks for any input.

I don't think this was good play either unless you knew that by overbetting the pot it would get him to call. When you play hands like this, you need to get paid off otherwise you are losing money long-term. The other reason why you might bet like this is if you think that another player has a 6 and might be afraid that you have a 69 and were slow playing the whole time. Just my thoughts.