MTT Rebuy vs Freezeout

I've played exactly one $11 freeze out MTT and one $3.30 rebuy MTT on Stars and I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on them. Not that they're something I'd like to play on a regular basis, maybe once or twice a month.

Anyways, without getting into a long story, would it be better to play $11 freeze outs or $3.30 rebuys?

My thinking is that if I limit myself to no more than 2 rebuys and the add-on my investment will be about the same. But in the case of the rebuy if I catch good during the rebuy period, I can build a substantial chip stack (like I did last night) and then it makes it much easier during the 2nd hour since I don't have to push small edges as often.

Of course, in either case, the poker gods would have to be smilling on you to make it into the deep money.

Any thoughts which would be better? I enjoyed the rebuy more but that could also be because my cards seem to have turned around the last few days and I've been getting good hands much more often than I was.

Comments

• I play both the rebuy's and the freezeouts. While I prefer freezeouts, I enjoy them both but they require slightly different strategies and skills. If you're playing for fun, pick the one you enjoy more. If you're playing for profit, pick the one you're best at. As far as one being better than the other, I don't think there's a definitive answer other than personal preference.