Poker Tracker software

As I get more serious about poker, I've been frequently requesting hand and tournament histories from Poker Stars. However, I find it difficult (not to mention very time consuming) to sift through thousands of hands of poker. I've heard a little bit about Poker Tracker software and was wondering if any of you use this program, and if so:

1) Do you find it to be a valuable tool?
2) Are you able to easily identify flaws in your game?
3) Would you recommend this software, or is there something better?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• I would strongly recommend that you download the free demo version of Poker Tracker and try it out. It has all of the capabilities of the full version, but you can only store 1000 hands using the demo version.

I have the full version and find it *extremely* useful for keeping track of all kinds of results. You can answer a huge variety of questions about your own and your opponents' play, from "Am I a long term winning player at $5-$10 Holdem?" to "How often does ScottyZ defend the big blind against a probable steal attempt in the 50-100 level of a $10 Pokerforum.ca tournament?"

Poker Tracker is an excellent tool for any serious online poker player.

ScottyZ
  • I bought just over a year ago now.
    I used it for about a month.
    I had about 5000 hands in each of two seperate trackers, one for 5-10 limit and one for 1-2 blind, 100 buyin NL.
    It is good and fun for a little while, but unless you are very new to the game it does not help improve your game.
    The one thing i learned from the tracker is that my Group 1 hands help up only half as much as they are statistically supposed to. In the 5-10 limit game for example my AA only won 6 of 47 hands! That is pretty bad. All it taught me is that other players play mediocre cards and many times get very lucky. I did not learn one thing about my game that i didn't already know.

One a side note, for 5 months i kept every single winning hand i played using my favourite hand (a 3 and a 5, suited or not). I did not enter any losing 35's into the tracker. It is absurd how much profit I have made in the hands played using 35, not including all the times i played it and lost.
    Anyone wanna guess the 35 profit on winning hands?
    I sure wish i knew how much i gave back on the losers.

Kev
  • ...Poker Tracker software...

You old pokertracker. lol