$75 Charity tourney Friday March 31, (not April) Etobicoke/Miss. area

To help raise money for a fundraiser I am involved with I am hosting a freeze out tourney March 31.

Mito March: Kure for Kirkland,  in support of mitochondrial disease research at The Hospital for Sick Children. More details here, http://home.cogeco.ca/~mitomarch/
Kirkland is a 5 yr old boy who was diagnosed with this disease when he was only a few months old. As of yet there is no cure.

$75 Entry. ($60 into the prize pool $15 to the fundraiser)
The guys at the Airport Club have again generously donated their facilities for this tournament.
8pm start, doors open at 7pm for registration.

You have the option of paying your $15 on-line here https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/StartUp.aspx?SID=794586 and you will receive a tax receipt via email. Otherwise you can pay the $15 at the tourney and you will still get a receipt mailed to you.

Hopefully I will be able to get as many prizes as the fundraiser tourney we held last month. :) Either way I am sure it will be a good time and it is for a great cause.

Email me to reserve your spot, bill@ontariopokergames.com

As I receive prizes I will update my web page, http://www.ontariopokergames.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=50

Comments

• Bill,

You know April only has 30 days in the month right?

Prophet 22
  • Brent,

It is March 31. Two weeks to today. Hopefully we can see you out to support this great cause. Bill, I have some sponsored prizes already from some people and also going to have some more soon. Email me or come by the club and I can go over some details with ya.

For everyone's interest Bill runs an excellent tournament and last time was a huge success for a great cause. Hopefully we can have a few more forum members out to support it this time as well. As far as I know there are no other forum events for that evening as of yet.

Looking forward to working with you again Bill

The Airport Club
  • For everyone's interest Bill runs an excellent tournament and last time was a huge success for a great cause. 

Bill does run an excellent show. I'm in Bill, and if you need any help with anything, just let me know.

AJ
  • Bill,

You know April only has 30 days in the month right?

Prophet 22

Dude, you'd be surprised how much I do not know.. ;)

Correction made, thanks.
  • esool wrote:
    Dude, you'd be surprised how much I do not know.. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised. :D
  • Count me in.
  • I'll be there

shark.gif
  • I'm in too Bill.
  • Wow just over a week to go, and surprised there isn't more interest in supporting this cause.

Bill,

We will be donating lots of stuff again, as well Dan is going to be donating a few MP3 players. Also Marcus at reraisepoker.com has given me some hats for you, and he is talking to his partner and going to see about donating somemore good things.

I hope we can get more support for this event, last tournament was a huge success and this one we are combining with our Friday league at The Airport Club to make it an even larger field of players.

If you need anything else until then, you can call me anytime Bill.

The Airport Club
  • Wow just over a week to go, and surprised there isn't more interest in supporting this cause.

I agree, there SHOULD be a hell of alot more interest in this tourney. Great cause, great facility, and organized extremely well. I'm hoping this will fill up quickly from now until next weekend.
  • Bill,

Count me in, maybe one more.

Prophet 22
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Wow just over a week to go, and surprised there isn't more interest in supporting this cause.

I agree, there SHOULD be a hell of alot more interest in this tourney.  Great cause, great facility, and organized extremely well.  I'm hoping this will fill up quickly from now until next weekend.

"If you build it they will come"

Especially now that The Prophet is on the "guest list"!!  :fish:

Having a large turn out is good for the cause and the pay outs, but I do not mind a smaller player field. This way I can still play and run the tourney plus odds of hitting the money are better.

If the turn out sucks maybe I'll try again later... If the turn out is huge maybe I'll host another to satisfy the demand. :)

I expect that we will have between 40-60 players at this game.
    I am not worried.
  • Here is what I am thinking of using for the blind structure.
    5000 starting chips.

25-50
    50-100
    75-150

100-200
    150-300
    200-400

250-500
    300-600
    400-800

500- 1000
    700- 1500
    1000-2000

1500-3000
    2000-4000
    2500-5000

3000-6000
    4000-8000
    5000-10,000 Depending on the amount of players/chips in play the tourney should be finished by this point.

Another point for tournament players. I do not use the "tournament director" software to randomly move players as they are eliminated. I move the player in the same position relative to the button as the player eliminated. Similar idea when breaking down tables.
  • Hey Bill was talking to Shane yesterday I told him I would most likely be there.

Cameron
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote:
    Hey Bill was talking to Shane yesterday I told him I would most likely be there. 

Cameron

The pressure is really on me to have a well run tourney now that you and Brent will be there.. :)
  • esool wrote:
    BLAZIN 72 wrote:
    Hey Bill was talking to Shane yesterday I told him I would most likely be there. 

Cameron

The pressure is really on me to have a well run tourney now that you and Brent will be there.. :)

LOL Any help you need I am sure we can help.

Cameron
  • Not me, I am taking the day off.

Prophet 22
  • Not me, I am taking the day off.

Prophet 22

:) I don't blame you.
  • Shane and Graham  GREAT CLUB you have I was very happy with what I saw....   Come on POKER FORUM CREW sign up for this event I was just at the club playing and it is a very nice club. Shane and Graham have a great place to play and the location is great.  Plus for all you cash game players that are making the trek to Niagara you are CRAZY it is a very good game and there are alot of :fish: :fish: :fish: to FRY if you no what I mean just need to have the paitience, lots of money to be won walked out with $3 bills in 3 hours lots of food and don't forget the waitress works for tips so treat them right and you are going to be happy you went to the AIRPORT CLUB.

Cameron

WEST SIDE POKER CLUB
  • I echo Cam's comments above. Great club, great people, great location, and beats the hell out of going to Niagra.

And this cause is a great cause too. Bill has done alot of work in the past for this organization, and should be congradulated for all his efforts to date. What better way to support a worthy cause AND play poker at the same time.
  • I am in for this. Be there at 7.
  • Shhhhh.. Right now we have 40 seats confirmed, half of which are dead money. Do we really want to bring in more "poker players"?
    If we get more than 50 players I do not think I will be able to play as well as run the tourney. I do not want to miss out on these prizes not to mention the cash.
    http://www.ontariopokergames.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=50

More prizes still to come.
  • esool wrote:
    half of which are dead money.

GREAT!!! Ummmm, which half am I in again? :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    esool wrote:
    half of which are dead money.

GREAT!!!    Ummmm, which half am I in again? :D

That would be the half I am in.
  • STR82ACE wrote:

GREAT!!!    Ummmm, which half am I in again? :D

I'll let you know after tonight

shark.gif
  • Just got permission from the missus.

It cost me a pretty penny (had to tell her to take her mom out for dinner somewhere nice), but here I come.