this is funny. can u spot it?

this is the first hand of a final table on stars. it is an 81 person tourny so its only top 9. Can you spot the funny? (cmon its easy).

PokerStars Game #4285013064: Tournament #21184541, Omaha Hi/Lo Limit - Level X (800/1600) - 2006/03/14 - 11:28:00 (ET)
Table '21184541 5' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Karl Marx (21817 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind)
Seat 2: jaredalexis (17012 in chips)
Seat 3: pokerpunk (131 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: gengys (10005 in chips)
Seat 5: Jan Nielsen (36008 in chips)
Seat 6: Upstairs (6523 in chips)
Seat 7: PC.ODESSA (11382 in chips)
Seat 8: AKQJ10uk (15286 in chips)
Seat 9: clavezio (3336 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind)
jaredalexis: posts small blind 400
pokerpunk: posts big blind 131 and is all-in
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Upstairs [5s 7c Qd Td]
gengys: folds
Jan Nielsen: folds
Upstairs: folds
PC.ODESSA: folds
AKQJ10uk: folds
pokerpunk: folds
jaredalexis collected 262 from pot
jaredalexis: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 262 | Rake 0
Seat 2: jaredalexis (small blind) collected (262)
Seat 3: pokerpunk (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: gengys folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Jan Nielsen folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Upstairs folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: PC.ODESSA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: AKQJ10uk (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• How did that happen?
  • That someone bubbled out 10th when there was a 131 stack sitting out?
  • Main pot was sucked into a black hole?

ScottyZ
  • he was sitting out for 30 mins at least hah.  Gonna be a pleasant surprise in his email.  
    Guy that came 10th made a donkey play too.  
    I ended up 3rd.  still trying to learn O8.

I thought it was funny obv. :-)
  • How does the BB fold before the SB acts?
  • this fake?

If pokerpunk is allin how does he fold?
  • The SB posted 400 and BB posted 131.

A total main pot of 262; side pot 269.

Where did the 269 go??

Maybe its different on stars but on party the hand history would show a side pot win of 269.
  • It is different on Stars - with Party if you reraise over top of an all-in, that amount is still counted as a side pot,
    but on Stars any uncalled bet is not included as a part of the pot (so the 269 instantly goes back to the SB)

And I assume because the BB had less chips than the amount of the SB, the player in the SB has no necessary
    actions. He has already called more than the size of the all-in, and since the BB is "sitting out" his hand is
    automatically folded when it would normally be his action.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I've seen it happen many times on Stars
  • on stars if your sitting out you just lose. not like party where one is forced all in.

so it was folded to SB who automatically wins the hand and everyone moves up a spot in the $$ while the guy that came 10th is hopefully quiting poker for his own good.
  • I think you need to post the HH for the guy who busted out 10th. He coulda gotten most of his chips in with a big chance to double up or gotten committed w/ a nut high while the guy rivered him to scoop etc. Even with someone sitting out, doesn't mean he should pass up a chance to win a big pot and position himself to win the tourney. I'm curious as to how he busted as I'm also learning how to play O8.
  • I guess you had to be there to get the joke.
    Pinhead has nailed the logistics of the hand, but harthgosh, you didn't mention anything about the donk who came 10th in your OP, so we had no reference.
    also, why did only 2 people move to your table? shouldn't you have been playing 5 handed at two tables before condensing?
    Sorry if I just don't get it, after all it is O8, there could be more to it than I'm aware of