Kitchener / Waterloo Grudge Match TWO!!!

It's back baby! After the successful first KWGM, we're going to try it all AGAIN!!

Rules and Expectations:

1. Each grudge match consists of a total of four (4) $30 tournaments – for a total cost of $120 / person.
2. The first three tournaments only pay 1st place ($50), but based on performance, you earn chips for the KWGM Finale starting
stack (See payout structure below).
3. Each player is responsible for attending each game. The dates are pre-determined, and unchangeable. If you cannot make it
to one of these games, you will be blinded out, and assigned your rank accordingly.
4. Players for the KWGM II will be selected based on interest and availability. Should there be more interest than positions
available, there will be a satellite tournament to determine who receives any remaining spots.
5. Some players have been “grand fathered” into KWGM II, and have the option of participating. Players earn this right by either
a.Winning a preliminary game
b. Placing in the money or bubble position in the finale.
c. Extenuating circumstances
6. Each preliminary game will begin with T5000 chip count. The average stack in the finale is T15,000, but is determined by your
performance. In KWGM the preliminary games lasted about 5 hours, and the finale was an 11 hour marathon.
7. The finale payout will be 50% / 30% / 20%, and throughout the KWGM there is no chopping allowed. Standard Robert’s Rules
apply.

PAYOUT STRUCTURE:

1st - 26% (13,000 chips)
2nd - 20% (10,000 chips)
3rd - 15% (7500 chips)
4th - 11% (5500 chips)
5th - 8 % (4000 chips)
6th - 6 % (3000 chips)
7th - 5% (2500 chips)
8th - 4% (2000 chips)
9th - 3% (1500 chips)
10th - 2% (1000 chips)

DATES: Please note. These dates are unchangeable, and contrary to KWGM I, there is no ringers allowed this time. Locations to be determined.

Game 1: Monday, May 1 – 7:00 p.m.
Game 2: Wednesday May 3 – 7:00 p.m.
Game 3: Monday May 8 – 7:00 p.m.
FINALE: Saturday May 13, 1:00 p.m.

Comments

• GRANDFATHERED PLAYERS

These players have “first dibs” on the KWGM II either because they earned their spot in KWGM I, or because of extenuating circumstances.  However, should any of them be unable to participate, their spots will become available.

1. “Ineedanick” Dave (KWGM I Champion)
    2. “DrTyore” Mark (KWGM I Runner-up)
    3. “stpboy” Shannon (KWGM I 2nd Runner-up)
    4. "Haddon" Josh (Satellite)
    5. "TNORTH" Tom (Satellite)
    6. “Itsame” Mario (Special circumstances)
    7. “King Mob” Dave (Satellite)
    8. “beanie42” Trevor (Special circumstances)
    9. “8Ball” Tye (Special circumstances)
    10.  "JohnnieH" John          (Special circumstances)
  • I'll be first to drop my name if anyone drops out.
  • i"ll get in if there is any chance mark
  • You can confirm me Mark.

stp
  • Bubble position from #1 - Geez had I known that I would have let you and Brad fight out that last hand and not push with my 9 s :D
  • Hey Mark, I thought you told me I'd be playing...way to leave the girl out - again!
  • Please move my name to the CONFIRMED list. I'm in!!!!

I don't want to be left out in the cold again.

JohnnieH
  • I would like to get in if possible.

Ron
  • I'm confirmed and willing to host Game 1, Monday May 1st, mine doesn't compare with Shopsy's basement.
    But, the WPP will be happy to host Game 1/3
  • Put me down as confirmed.
  • put me down as in but might be out, ya I know im a Donk!
  • TwoThree wrote:
    put me down as in but might be out

Okay....

What the hell does that mean?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    TwoThree wrote:
    put me down as in but might be out

Okay....

What the hell does that mean?

Mark

It meas that im good to go as for now, but I can't give you 100% that I will be in for it, It depends on some factors. so im more like a 85% go for this.
  • Well, do you have an idea of when you'll be 100%? I'm hoping to shore up the roster by no later than mid-april... that way I have time to (if need be) run a satellite.

Mark
  • :) 100% confirmed (and itching to go)! :)
  • Allright...

KWGM 2 is filling up fast, but just in case, we need to finalize the roster!! So, there are two people left who have the option of entering KWGM 2 - "TwoThree" Braad and "Shopsy" Jeff.

If you guys can confirm your participation or not BEFORE APRIL 1ST that way I can either get it going, or get a satellite ready for these wanna-bees!!

Thanks guys

Mark
  • Mark I will let you know by the 1st for sure, I so want to join this one because I have to DISTROY "Ineedanick" Dave..... the Grudge has been set.
  • TwoThree wrote:
    Mark I will let you know by the 1st for sure, I so want to join this one because I have to DISTROY "Ineedanick" Dave..... the Grudge has been set.

Bring it on, baby, bring it on. I look forward to taking your chips again.
  • Ineedanick wrote:
    TwoThree wrote:
    Mark I will let you know by the 1st for sure, I so want to join this one because I have to DISTROY  "Ineedanick" Dave..... the Grudge has been set.

Bring it on, baby, bring it on.  I look forward to taking your chips again.

damn you and your AA's and KK's......
    your ass is mine if I join up :rage:
  • TwoThree wrote:
    your ass is mine if I join up :rage:

Aaahhhh, sweet Man- flirting......

Can't wait Mark!!

If it's only 10 people, I can host. It'll be squishy, but doable.
  • I can host as well, for one or all of the prelim's (and provide a beautiful dealer ;) ).
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I can host as well, for one or all of the prelim's (and provide a beautiful dealer ;) ).

I really don't mind playing at Trevor's house, I never said I would deal though.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I really don't mind playing at Trevor's house, I never said I would deal though.
    I meant a dealer who would be around past the first blind level :fish:
  • beanie42 wrote:
    stpboy wrote:
    I meant a dealer who would be around past the first blind level  :fish:

Woah woah don't just tell me Iam Dealing now jesus give me some heads up... :P
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I can host as well, for one or all of the prelim's (and provide a beautiful dealer ;) ).
    stpboy wrote:
    TwoThree wrote:
    Woah woah don't just tell me Iam Dealing now jesus give me some heads up... :P

Mark - maybe instead of a trophy we should pitch in and buy these guys some mirrors :D
  • CAUTION: EGO STROKING IN PROGRESS!
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    CAUTION:  EGO STROKING IN PROGRESS!

hehehe he said Stroking!
  • Great....

Now I've got a Clarence Carter song in my head all day... "When I make love, I don't just be making love... I be STROKIN".... "Clarence Carter Clarence Carter Clarence Carter oooh S#it Clarence Carter"

Mark

P.S. This is quite a funny statement, but why do I think that I'm the only one who knows a Clarence Carter song?
  • Your never alone Mark

"When I start making love, I don´t just make love...,I be strokin´,Thats what I've been doing,I be strokin´ "

"I stroke it to the east, and I stroke it to the west,and I stroke it to the woman that I love the best"
    "I be strokin´"

My first DJ job was soul,disco and funk (country on fridays).

Dave Kostis
  • Allright all

There are two spots up for grabs in the KWGM II, and the most fair way to see who gets in is a satellite.  If you are still interested, or if you haven't let me know yet, and would like to play in a satellite to win your way into the KWGM II, please respond either in this thread, or PM me ASAP.

Mark