Vegas Odds for PokerForum.ca V

This just in from the Las Vegas Review-Journal:

JOE HAWK, Las Vegas - In this town, you can bet on just about anything. And just to prove it, here's the latest odds released by vegas odds-makers:

+1000 Dave Scharf
+1225 hoopdreams
+1450 Gizmo579
+1800 SirBry
+1875 Master Chief
+2425 ScottyZ
+2500 OmahaEd
+3275 Plaxus
+3375 all aces
+3500 DJEP
+3775 Dick Hertz
+4225 Kanadian (Sloth)
+4450 ADAM88
+4525 joe_abrams
+200 "Field"

What on earth is a "Plaxus" you ask?

Let's start at the beginning. What are these odds for?

Well, they're for a little known on-line poker tournament at a very well known site (which shall remain nameless until they cough up money), organized by a Canadian poker site.

Canada, that's up north somewhere isn't it? Yes it is (and cold too), but they play poker up there, and some are pretty good.

Dave Scharf finished 96th in this years WSOP main event, and has cashed in other events in previous years as well.

Some ingenious detective work (lurking) has uncovered a few interesting facts. They've had three previous tournaments.

Ok, not so interesting, but just to prove that you can bet on anything in this town, I took their result to odds-makers just to see if they would crunch some numbers for me. They laughed at me until I told them that I was serious, I wanted odds for the next tournament.
They laughed some more. I kept hounding until they finally relented and the above list is the result. They wouldn't take any action, telling me that this was for entertainment purposes only, but hey, just for fun I got $100 on Dave, and $50 on Plaxus.

Don't Ask!

Comments

• You guys kill me. :D
  • and $50 on Plaxus.

And I won't let you down!!

hork.

aka - Plaxus :)
  • OK OK Who's taking the money. I want bet on myself.....lol...
  • lol, whar a great & fun post! My whole reason for being is to beat Scharfy...and Plax/Hork...oh yeah, and aces...and sloth/kanadian.....oh yeah, and scottyz too...in fact ALL fellow members ;)

....however, I'd like to place 100$ funny money at the 10-1 line on Dave :).

A great way to raise awareness, MH...thanks!
  • How they even make odds on Dave Scharf as the favorite based on those three tournaments? He didn't even play in any of the PokerStars tourneys!

They're just *assuming* he's the favorite over all of us.

Well... probably a good assumption. I guess I just answered my own question. :cool:

You know, to be honest, if I was betting actual money with those odds I'd probably even take all_aces or sloth (and maybe a couple of others) over myself.

ScottyZ
  • i wouldn't be afraid to wager a few a on ScottyZ