River Room Rumour?

Post on 2+2 about about River Room being shut down... Link

Any truth or is this just BS...??

Comments

• yeah, 2months ago, thanks for the update
  • Cops knock on the door and told them to shut down. They put a post here on the forum to sell there contact list and lease.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    yeah, 2months ago, thanks for the update
    OK... thanks... I must of missed that...
  • I heard that they got an anonymous email from someone in the Kitchener area that was trying to shut down their place.....

Oh wait, that was a rumour about me....and about a different place.....and completely false....

I wonder why the big crack down on all of these rooms of late? I'm not one to be paranoid, especially after having the cops at my house last year re:poker. I'm just wondering how many members on here are cops, or if they are just lurking as guests daily. I know if I was a cop I would think it was a joke if I was going around busting poker rooms.....That is, if they were just playing poker.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I know if I was a cop I would think it was a joke if I was going around busting poker rooms.....That is, if they were just playing poker.

It's more likely because of the serving of booze without a license than it is about playing poker.
  • I played at the river room and not once was alcohol ever served. But apparently there is lots of interest from the law enforcement about whose playing poker where as I have most recently found out. I think it has more to do with the Al Capone aspect than anything. (Tax man isn't getting his cut)
  • Didn't mean it to sound like the River Room was serving...I've never been, so I wouldn't have a clue. But I have overheard from an official in law enforcement that the busts are more in line with liquor infringements moreso than Big Brother wanting his cut. Still, I wouldn't put it past the provincial Liberals to yet again screw us over.
  • If the police really cared they could easily bust a lot of clubs in one night. The only way they are knocking on a door is if they receive a complaint.
    It is not very difficult for them to find the games. If they were really watching this site a lot more games (like all) would have been shut down.
    IMO.

Booze in poker clubs?? Very rare around the gta.
  • A bit off topic, but I have also heard a rumour that the MGM and Ceasar's in vegas are considering opening poker rooms.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    A bit off topic, but I have also heard a rumour that the MGM and Ceasar's in vegas are considering opening poker rooms.
    Think maybe the Bellagio will as well?
  • I heard Johnny Moss and Nick the Greek were going to play a marathon poker match at Binions.
  • I thought that Binion's was in trouble?
  • When you start to encroach on anything that makes the gov't $$ (ie booze, smokes, gambling) you had better watch out.

Hobbes
  • I thought that Binion's was in trouble?

Binion's has a poker room? That must be new!
  • As awesome as stud is, I hear there's some new poker game starting to be played...I think it's called "Texas Hold Them"... And get this, there's no antes!
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    As awesome as stud is, I hear there's some new poker game starting to be played...I think it's called "Texas Hold Them"...  And get this, there's no antes!

Naw, there's no way that'll ever catch on. How can you have a game with no antes???

I'm sticking with 5-card stud, this game will never go dry.