I suck!

at X-Box Basketball.

My 7 year old son routinely kicks my butt. He makes jams, three pointers and fast breaks galore. I am worried to play Hockey against him (which I don't own) or anything else. I am an old man at 32. When my three year old beats me I am retiring from the XBOX.

Comments

• lol

I refuse to play some games against my kids (10 and 11) because they always kick my butt. And they always like to rub it in too... "Daddy got owned"; "I thought you said youve played video games for a long time?"; "Now I see why you like poker so much, you suck at everything else" - yes I've heard those and many more :D
  • I like it when my kids beat me, since it gives them a big boost of confidence and satisfaction (since it takes them a bit of practice to get there). I expect my kids to be better than me eventually, and it's my job as a parent to help them excel. Suck it up and take your beating :) (and I was beaten in XBox racing when Josh was 4, so I feel the pain ;) ).
  • You have to say:

"Back in my day we had a joysticks with only button"

atari1.jpg
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I like it when my kids beat me, since it gives them a big boost of confidence and satisfaction (since it takes them a bit of practice to get there).  I expect my kids to be better than me eventually, and it's my job as a parent to help them excel.  Suck it up and take your beating :) (and I was beaten in XBox racing when Josh was 4, so I feel the pain ;) ).

speaking of xbox racing, anyone know if Gotham 3 is availble for the old xbox?
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I like it when my kids beat me, since it gives them a big boost of confidence and satisfaction

Wait until Jason takes you down in a tournament!!!! Which at the rate he's going, it won't be long!!! :D
  • I lost at air hockey to my 7 year old son earlier today when we were at the arcade. I get him back on PS2 though.

Red
  • I can consistently beat my 4 month old daughter at any video game you can imagine. I'm nearing a 75% HU winrate in poker too.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    I can consistently beat my 4 month old daughter at any video game you can imagine. I'm nearing a 75% HU winrate in poker too.

Sure, but long term EV says the kid is going to whip your ass soon enough! :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:
    I can consistently beat my 4 month old daughter at any video game you can imagine. I'm nearing a 75% HU winrate in poker too.

Sure, but long term EV says the kid is going to whip your ass soon enough! :D

Hmm.. when most people say 'long term' they usually refer to periods longer than a few months..

I'm waiting for you to play her in some like Care Bears character identification game where she can smoke you..
  • hahahahaha! Thumb wrestling anyone? :D
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    You have to say:

"Back in my day we had a joysticks with only button"

atari1.jpg

Sweet! I have to pull out my old Atari 800 witgh all the fixins!!!!

My 7 year old consistently kicks my butt on any xbox game we play (except hockey)...and he jumps up and down on the couch in his underwear taunting me.....at least until I pull the plug!