Party Poker down ?

Anyone have this problem ? I was in the middle of a SnG and got disconnected for half an hour.. tried reconnecting, tried a different internet connection.. nothing.. would they refund my buyin ?

Comments

• it looks like they are - i just bought into a MTT and blam-o --- nada - still trying to reconnect.
  • apparantley empire is also
  • oh well maybe ill sleep early tonight..lol
  • FYI

I checked today and didnt find my buy in refunded. I emailed Party and received this response:

"Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting us.

Some of our services were affected around midnight 12th March. Players on Multi-table tournaments were unable to connect and play. Most players were affected equally and were able to resume after some time. All affected tournaments played to completion after they resumed.

If you were playing in a multi-table tournament when our services were affected, we are in the process of refunding your buy-in. This process may take up to 24 hours. Please check the Transaction details in your PartyAccount for more information.

This does not apply if you were eliminated from the tournament before our services were affected.

If you faced any other specific issue please contact us.

We apologize for the inconvenience

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

PartyPoker Customer Care
    "
  • "Dear Player"

wtf, they cant even put your screen name in that generic pos reply. If that happenes to me I just call them and get it solved over the phone. I find partypoker email support is horrible.

*edited by Sloth*
  • I find this to be offense.
    Don't knock someones race just because they work in a call centre.
    Yeah...there is no need for that in the forum, it is just plain ignorant.

All that SocietyRed said was that there was a guy at Party Support named "Apu". Maybe Apu was employee of the month and SR phoned them up and he helped him with his problem?

You two are the ignorants that assumed it was a racist dig. I enjoy people who are willing to try and call racism on other people when it's thier own racist minds that jump to the conclusion so quickly.
  • BRUTAL! Editing peoples posts now? C'mon.
  • Thanks to the mods for clearly that up.
    BBC Z wrote:
    I find this to be offense.

All that SocietyRed said was that there was a guy at Party Support named "Apu". Maybe Apu was employee of the month and SR phoned them up and he helped him with his problem?

You two are the ignorants that assumed it was a racist dig. I enjoy people who are willing to try and call racism on other people when it's thier own racist minds that jump to the conclusion so quickly.

Wow. You are so sad, dude. It was an obvious slant towards East Indians who work at call centers.
    Was it meant as a joke? Of course. Was it offense? I found it so, thus I reported it.

BCC_Z,, I AM NOT a racist. Even you saying such a thing offends me.
  • If anyone took that as a racist remark then I dont know what to say. It seems that the ops on this forum want us to behave and speak in a certain way and if we dont comply this sort of shit happenes. For one I'm not racist or prejudiced against any one or anything and if anyone thinks I am they can kiss my fat ass. That "APU" remark was meant as a bit of this thing called humour but I guess that sort of thing is not tolerated here.

And for the person that says dont knock people that work in call centres can kiss my ass too. I spent 6 years selling long distance to Americans for $8/Hr and I know what thats like. 88Fingers and I worked inthe same places for many years.
    I'll speak my mind in any way I see fit and if that means a ban is coming then fire away Sloth.

rant off

PS. This fucking bullshit got my mind of my poker game and I lost some money. Maybe a banning would be in order. This forum used to help me with my game.

Red
  • JohnnieH wrote:

Thanks to the mods for clearly that up. 

Wow.   You are so sad, dude.  It was an obvious slant towards East Indians who work at call centers.
    Was it meant as a joke?  Of course.  Was it offense?  I found it so, thus I reported it.

BCC_Z,, I AM NOT a racist.  Even you saying such a thing offends me. 

You need to go and post in the " What makes you cry thread"
  • BCC_Z,, I AM NOT a racist. Even you saying such a thing offends me.

Well I guess thats too damn bad that you get offended when you jump to conclusions and get called on it. I guess you just walk around in a constant state of offence, ready to POUNCE on the next thing that tickles your radar.
  • There is humour, then there is humour at others expense. The line has to be drawn somewhere and I am glad Sloth edited the post. There is no need to make deragotary comments about anyone elses race. BBC Z as for your insinuation that Johnnie and I were racist, which is why we thought this, you are a very sad man. I have a Philipino god son, married an Italian woman and one of my best friends is African-Canadian, so before you start accusing other forum members of racism maybe you should get your facts straight.
  • There is humour, then there is humour at others expense. 

The second kind of humor is so much more humorous though :D
  • err.. didn't mean to start a racial flame war..

Well not sure what the actual response was, but unless the guy's actual name was "Apu" that is a racist dig. like calling some random black guy "Leroy" or "MC Hammer"..

anyway, you guys get your refund yet ? I didn't
  • Tigerscott wrote:
    There is humour, then there is humour at others expense.

The second kind of humor is so much more humorous though :D

It's funny cuz it's not me
  • JohnnieH wrote:

Thanks to the mods for clearly that up.
    BBC Z wrote:
    I find this to be offense.

Now I'm offended that you offended him, that makes me cry

Wow. You are so sad, dude. It was an obvious slant towards East Indians who work at call centers.
    Was it meant as a joke? Of course. Was it offense? I found it so, thus I reported it.

BCC_Z,, I AM NOT a racist. Even you saying such a thing offends me.

Jesus christ, this is fucking ridiculous, welcome to pussypoker.com

oh, please don't tell on me Johnny, I didn't mean to offend your sexual bits
  • sharpe88 wrote:

like calling some random black guy "Leroy" or "MC Hammer"..

That's ridiculous. I know plently of white guys named MC Hammer.