-=March Madness Pool=- $20 per bracket

MADNESS OF MARCH 2006

please note::::
If you do not arrange entry fee payment by Thursday (start of games) you will be deleted from the pool

THE TOURNAMENT:
"The Tournament" is the 2006 Men's Division I NCAA Basketball Championship. This begins on Thursday, March 16th with 64 teams, is single elimination with 6 rounds and 63 games and ends with the Championship game on Monday, April 3rd. The brackets will be determined Sunday, March 12, 2006 – after which you can make your picks.

ENTRY FEE:

The tourney entry fee for this pool is: $20 per entry and is due to me. You may enter multiple entries. Your payment must arrive via cheque or delivery by WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15TH at the absolute latest. Your entry will be deleted if it doesn’t arrive by this time (unless you’ve discussed payment with me).

POOL OPERATION & ADMIN:
This pool is being run on www.tournamentpools.com ("website")

Pool ID: 14406 Password: 1234
• You need the pool ID and the pool password to join the pool. Once you have joined, you no longer need the pool ID and password.
• You'll be able to access the picks and standings online simply by logging in with your personal username and password.
• The manager can also boot you out of the pool or make you inactive, in which case you won't be able to access the picks and standings. This will happen if you don’t pay on time.

WEBSITE MEMBERSHIP:
• You must be a member of ‘tournamentpools.com’ to join this pool and to enter your own picks.
• If you do not have internet access, OR do not want to join tournamentpools.com then you can have another member create an alias for you and enter your picks OR I can if you get your picks into me on time.
• Joining tournamentpools is free and it only takes a screen name, password, and email address.
• To join, go to http://www.tournamentpools.com/join.cfm
JOINING THE 'MADNESS OF MARCH' POOL:

• To join this pool go to: http://www.tournamentpools.com
• Once you have logged in, enter the pool ID# " Pool ID: 14406 & Type in the pool password – 1234 and click submit.

POOL OBJECTIVE
The objective of the pool is to earn as many points as possible. The person with the most points at the end of the tournament wins the pool.

SCORING POINTS
You earn points by correctly predicting the straight up winners (no point spreads) of each tournament game. There are 6 rounds and a total of 63 games, 32 games in the first round, 16 games in the second round, etc. The pool manager has set the point values per win as follow:
Round - Pts/Win
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 4
4 – 8PTS
5 – 16PTS
6 – 32pts

PICK DEADLINE:
• The deadline for Thursday, Mar-16 9:20 AM Pacific Time. You may enter and change your picks until this time, but no entries will be accepted once games start.

STANDINGS:
• Standings for this pool are based on points, where people with the most points are ranked highest.
• Standings will be updated on the tournamentpools website automatically as the tournament progresses. You may also opt to receive score update emails, sent by the website.

TIEBREAKER:
• Total pts in the championship game
• In the event of a tie in total points, the first tiebreaker for this pool will be based on your points in Round 6.
• The person with the most points in that round wins the second tiebreaker.
• The third tiebreaker is points in Round 1. If there is still a tie after all 3 tiebreakers, the prize will be split equally among all those who tie.

PRIZES AND ENTRY:

Prize money will be determined by number of entrants

ADMIN FEES:
• There is an administration fee that I must pay to this website, so these fees will be taken out of the TOTAL tournament monies accordingly.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
The pool manager can be reached by email at: Rothy_4@yahoo.ca or rothwell_4@hotmail.com (contact me if you need to make payment options)

The website manager can be reached at admin@tournamentpools.com

PASS THIS ONTO WHOMEVER YOU WANT TO – LETS MAKE IT BIG !!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• i'll check it out
    thx
  • FINAL REMINDER...... YOU CAN STILL JOIN THE POOL.. u have until 9am Thursday (2morrow) to make your picks... you can also send me out your cheque tomorrow or Friday, and I will still accept it........

email me for payment information.....thanks :as