The Simpsons: Live version of the opening credits

Comments

• Absolutely brilliant.
  • Wow. That was dead on.
  • Awesome. Thanks Scotty.
  • are they making a RL movie??  :D

they even had the twins in music class. Wow.
  • Truly amazing! :D
  • Gotta love the steath advertising.
    Way cool.

It was apparently done by a company it Britain that has first run rights to the Simpsons and Matt G allowed them to release it on the net to the public.

Hobbes
  • Way funny... a real people movie of the simpsons would be neat
  • Anyone notice that Marge is driving from the right side of the car as opposed to the left like the opening?
  • Anyone notice that Marge is driving from the right side of the car as opposed to the left like the opening?

It was filmed in Britain, thus Marge is driving on the "wrong" side.
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Anyone notice that Marge is driving from the right side of the car as opposed to the left like the opening?

Correct.
  • That is probably the best thing I have ever seen video wise this year.
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Anyone notice that Marge is driving from the right side of the car as opposed to the left like the opening?

You might be halfway there, but why is Homer driving in the left seat of his car?

ScottyZ
  • Good question.

I guess because Homer needs to throw the plutonium rod out of the left side of the car, and after he parks in the drive, he needs to exit from the left side, so Marge can nearly run him over.

Perhaps they flipped the necessary film in post production? If thats the case, you think they could have "fixed" the scene with Marge and Maggie.

I love the choice of actors for the rolls, too. They looked prefec!

JohnnieH
  • Perhaps they flipped the necessary film in post production? If thats the case, you think they could have "fixed" the scene with Marge and Maggie.

Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe they just forgot to flip the Marge/Maggie driving scene or something like that.

Other than Marge & Maggie on the wrong side (and live Homer showing his butt crack when entering the house), the similarities are pretty amazing when watching the live version side by side with the original. They even have Krusty on the TVs in the store window as Bart skates by.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    (and live Homer showing his butt crack when entering the house),

They even have Krusty on the TVs in the store window as Bart skates by.

ScottyZ

Good eye, Scott!!!!

Also, they didn't show Maggie's price when she's scanned at the grocery store. ($847.63)
  • ah., but did the people have 4 fingers or 3?
  • Lisa's playing a tenor sax instead of a baritone sax.
  • I think I did this thread LONG ago (not the link scotty gave, but my fantasy casting of a simpons movie) here are my pics in no order.

Judd Hirsch as Moe...god he'd be a perfect moe:

hirsch-sized.jpg

Andy Dick as professor frink:

ig.jpg

David Foley as Ned Flanders:

david_foley-slide.jpg

this guy as barney gumble

spincity.jpg

John Legggagweeziamoo (not even gonna try) as Dr. Nick

link.john.jpg

Wiggam: Noooorrrrrm

George_Wendt.jpg

Lenny: Hank Azaria

Hank%20Azaria.jpg

who else? They have to be alive...
  • Cleveland Cavaliers player Anderson Varejao as Sideshow Bob.
  • I was thinking James Earl Jones as Dr. Hibbert
  • what about carrot top?

CarrotTop.jpg
  • Maybe they could use Hork's suggestion as Sideshow Bob's brother Miles.
  • Homer is a tough one...I dunno maybe paul giamatti from Sideways...

paulgiamatti981.jpg
  • kind of offtopic, but I swear...as leaving the theatre for the latest batman (which I LOVED) the first thing i said was "wow, crispin glover would make a great Joker...maybe Cristian Slater depending on how he's looking these days"

looks like I'm not the only one who thought that.

www.crispengloverforjoker.com
  • sloth wrote:
    what about carrot top?

CarrotTop.jpg

hasn't anybody killed him yet?
  • For those of you that haven't seen it yet, supposedly they're actually airing it this Sunday...
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    For those of you that haven't seen it yet, supposedly they're actually airing it this Sunday...

Airing what? Yeah the Simpsons are on every sunday.
  • They will be airing the "Live Intro" on their next new episode, instead of re-using some of the tired old couch gags.
  • The live into aired last night, and it looked awesome!!

The only difference I noticed was that at the end they, showed the "Created by Matt Goeing" instead of "The Simpsons"

I still have it on PVR if any of KW people missed it.

JohnnieH