Fairly amusing hand...

$25/$50 LHE at PokerRoom.  I'm not particularly looking for comments on my play... open-limping UTG+1 with QTo is not a typical play for me but it was a very passive table... thought I could see a flop cheap.  At any rate:

Seat 1: FreakNast-I ($1,439 in chips) 
Seat 2: Iwababe ($1,531.25 in chips) 
Seat 3: wilson329 ($839 in chips) 
Seat 4: TheGameKat ($1,968 in chips) 
Seat 6: Major_Kong ($900 in chips) 
Seat 9: rerun23 ($576.50 in chips) 
Seat 10: all_aces [10C,QD] ($2,356.50 in chips) 

Major_Kong posts blind ($25).

PRE-FLOP
rerun23 folds
all_aces calls $25
FreakNast-I folds
Iwababe calls $25
wilson329 folds
TheGameKat calls $25
Major_Kong checks

FLOP [board cards KS,2H,7C ]

Major_Kong checks
all_aces checks
Iwababe checks
TheGameKat checks

TURN [board cards KS,2H,7C,JS ]

Major_Kong checks
all_aces bets $50
Iwababe folds
TheGameKat calls $50
Major_Kong calls $50

RIVER [board cards KS,2H,7C,JS,3C ]

Major_Kong checks
all_aces checks
TheGameKat checks

SHOWDOWN
Major_Kong shows [ 10H,QS ]
all_aces shows [ 10C,QD ]
TheGameKat shows [ 10D,QH ]

Major_Kong wins $82.70, all_aces wins $82.65, TheGameKat wins $82.65.

(I'd bet the river heads-up... couldn't pull the trigger against 2 opponents...)

Comments

• That's hillarious. A bet would have probably won it but that isn't what this is about.
  • wow
    I would like to see who takes this down if the 10 hits
  • too bad the river didn't bring the 9s
  • The 9's irrelevant, they all get the nuts and all the chips go in, and back to their respective owners on a 3-way split. Wader is right, the 10 is the action card.
  • After the hand we all did the classic "LOLOL" stuff.  Then I typed "At least I was BETTING and not calling!!!"  TheGameKat said "I had position!"  Major Kong said nothing.

Interesting... last night I tried to play in the $25/$50 game at PokerRoom and it wasn't going.  Just me and TheGameKat sitting there, waiting for opponents, but none came.  The game isn't going tonight either... I'm starting to worry.

Anyway, it seems that Kat met a girl who goes by Sunfish in that $25/$50 game, they hit it off, met up, had a relationship.  2006... just look at all of the ways people are meeting people these days.  Kat may or may not be a girl as well, I have no idea and it doesn't really matter... just thought it was an interesting way to meet a prospective romantic partner! Forget cyberlove... this is POKERcyberlove. Even nicheier. Pronounced neeshier. Possibly not a real word.
  • I remember when I used to play an online texted based simulation game called Utopia. There has been quite a few couples who ended up together because of that game. And yes, they actually got married and are now living together.

Anyways...back to the real reason for this thread (is there even one?)
  • Had a pretty similar hand the other day in a tournament:

Blinds 50/100, 5 players see the flop for T100
    Flop was As 6h 7h
    one bet of T200, two folds, two calls
    Turn is 5s
    Action gets crazy, eventually resulting in 3 way, with 2 all ins
    Cards are flipped, everyone has 89 for the nuts, trouble was one guy had 8s9s....and of course Qs hits the river....ugh!...IGHN
  • Anyways...back to the real reason for this thread (is there even one?)

Sheesh... make the guy a global mod. and he's already calling me out.... ;)
  • all_aces wrote:
    Anyways...back to the real reason for this thread (is there even one?)

Sheesh... make the guy a global mod. and he's already calling me out.... ;)

:D What else can a guy do on a Friday night with nothing to do? :'(
  • Host a poker show and check this forum in commercial breaks... we are truly live now. It's great, actually, we're getting live emails at the show about hands that are occuring in real time. At least I know someone's watching lol....
  • I finally saw your show for the first time last week at Tom's house. Great show!