Another Vegas thread...

Rather than hijack another thread, figured I'd start my own. Upon some investigation, I recently discovered that an upcoming Vegas trip (scheduled for middle of April) happens to coincide with the weekend of the WPT World Championship 25K buyin event at Bellagio. Having mixed feelings about this since I was REALLY hoping to get to play at Bellagio this time, but am now figuring the room is likely closed (unless they have some other space reserved for this tourney). I know Caeser's apparently has a seperate tourney room, but AFAIK Bellagio doesn't. Just wondered if anyone else has been in Vegas during a major event like this, and what to expect wrt crowds, if you can just show up to railbird, etc. On the upside of course is that I'm assuming there will be a gazillion big name pros around, so should be a good opportunity to gawk at the stars... :)

Comments

• I was down at Bellagio last year when the WPT event was going on. There were still cash games going on but this was also when Bellagio was renovating their poker room so everything was out in the open. They weren't using the poker room exclusively, they also used part of what might have been a restaurant. I'm not sure if this has changed since I heard the renovations have been completed. So basically I can't help you... I'll shut up now. :D
  • Scooby, just buy in to the 25k event, take it down, and then you can play anywhere you feel like, cause you'll be the new King of Vegas.
    ps..if money is an object, we'll pass the hat around the forum
  • I'll put in $1 for your $25k entry. That should get you started.
  • I'll put in $1 for your $25k entry. That should get you started.

Thanks! Although, I don't really think that's a +EV move... :)