things (very likely) to come for CPF. SMF-VB

hey all.

Just wanted you to know that in the coming weeks, pokerforum.ca will likely be imported into using VBulletin software. ALL posts etc and post counts will remain intact. It's very likely that I'll have to enter everyone's CPF bucks manually by hand but I don't mind...it's going to be much better.

VBulletin offers tons and tons and tons of features that you will all appreciate I can promise you that. There will also be a photo gallery for members to upload pics of their poker chips, tables, gaming rooms, and screen shots from tournaments etc. It is going to look and operate VERY slick and it will take place sometime before April...it would likely be a little sooner but I can't promise that quite yet.

If anything urgent arises from this (like downtime etc) I'll be certain to let everyone know in advance.

Sloth

Comments

• Will there be a mod named ScottyV on the "new" forum? ;) Nothing but :h: guy!
  • we can cross our fingers for that one.
  • Will we be able to use our email accounts ( @pokerforum.ca) then? Been hoping to use it for awhile, since I noticed it was an option, but I don't think they are hooked up yet.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Will we be able to use our email accounts ( @pokerforum.ca) then? Been hoping to use it for awhile, since I noticed it was an option, but I don't think they are hooked up yet.

when did you last try to sign up for it? it should be fine now.
  • It had been awhile. Seems to work now just fine. Thanks Sloth
  • always trust your judgment on what's better for the board, sloth. VB is very robust, I think it's a good move.
  • Will we get to keep our PMs, or will they be erased?
  • excellent question. I'll double double check into that before anything happens. Members will get tons of notice either way before a switch takes place.