Bad tournements

This weekend was horriable for me. I went to a baseball fund rasier. There were so many people in pots that should not have been there. Fights and everything else. People call a 100 raise with 5H 4H when there is only one heart on the board. I go All in on the flop. We turn over and He has three hearts and no pair. I show trip jacks. And what do you know runner, runner comes for a flush. I wish just once I could play in a game that is more about skill and not luck. If I wanted luck I'd by a lottery ticket.

That's my 2 cents

Comments

• Take a deep breath and repeat after me...

"Donks are good for poker. Donks are good for poker...."
  • Poker is gambling.

I never mind when someone hits their 1 outer on occasion, it only means that they will keep playing.

I know a horrid player who once took down 9k for first in a tourney and in the following year likely gave back 5x that to the poker community thinking he knew how to play.
  • Was your friend Chris Moneymaker?
  • I wish just once I could play in a game that is more about skill and not luck.

Sorry, but you're out of luck. There are no such activities in the known universe.

:)

Seriously though, it's luck that makes poker "the beautiful game". (European football is merely the moderately handsome game IMO.)

Would the average person play a heads-up game of chess against Garry Kasparov for $10,000? Most sane people would not. Would Joe Random and his cousin Squirrely Pete pay $10,000 to enter the WSOP main event? They sure would.

ScottyZ
  • 13CARDS wrote:
    Was your friend Chris Moneymaker?

I just laughed out loud alone in my living room... :)