Happy Second Anniversary to Me!

It was two years ago to the day, March 6th, 2004, that Bristol Street I occured. Can't believe it's already been two years! I'll be opening something beer-y tonight to celebrate.

Comments

• Celebratory RAW viewing? :)

Mark
  • Happy Anniversary Rob! And considering how things have grown and progressed at Bristol, I'm really looking forward to whatever's coming :)
  • Two years is fantastic, Rob.

So it has been two years since you won a Bristol event? Zing!
  • Sign me up!

Oh wait... never mind :D

Happy second birthday Bristol St.

/g2
  • Hey Rob.....

Happy Second Anniversary....Thats awesome!!!

Also....Happy Birthday to my 2BULLETS!!!.....THE BIG 30!!!!

Have a great day

Mandy
  • 2BULLETS wrote:
    Hey Rob.....

Happy Second Anniversary....Thats awesome!!!

Also....Happy Birthday to my 2BULLETS!!!.....THE BIG 30!!!!

Have a great day

Mandy
    I second that... happy birthday Jeremy.

/g2
  • Hey, watch the Birthday wishes, now you're Hijacking this thread.

Happy Birthday, Jeremy.

Happy Birthday (tomorrow), Greg.
  • Happy Anniversary Bristol Street NC & C!

I actually do recall one of your first posts when officially opening the doors to the public, June of 2004. WOW, look at all the players interested in this one. all_aces, esool, Sloth, Hork, Teach, gordon_gecco (where'd the heck he go!)....and of course I was interested. Somethings never change.

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

As you can see, your circle of friends and partons has grown in droves over the past year....

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3435.msg28707#msg28707

Many more to come! Please never close the BSNC&C!

stp
  • Congrats Rob...
    ME
  • You run a great event Rob, thanks for doing so and I hope it continues for a long time.

Happy Anniversary!
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Celebratory RAW viewing? :)

That's feeling more like a punishment these days.

Some good links you've uncovered, stp. I think "understatement of all-time" goes to the last poster in the pokerforum.ca Celebrity Tournament thread

"It apperars there is enough of us from the K-W area where a weekly game could be in order."

Yeah.... just barely...
  • HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BRISTOL STREET!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Two years already, eh? Wow. Time flies. So many awesome memories already (and some things I want to forget because I was drunk!) and always a great time!!!

Thank You very much, Rob. You and your home have been VERY good to me.

See you on Thursday, for some railbirding!!

JohnnieH
  • By far at the head of the class.

Great job Rob. The Legands will be a great way to celebrate 2 years.

Even better is what will come in the next 2.

D
  • 2 years, good job rob. i haven't played much at bristol but i look forward to playing there lots in the next 2 years.
  • I think it's probably not a good sign when I can't even wrap my brain around the fact that Bristol opened it's doors to poker 2 whole years ago...

The days, (well, years I guess), seem to have melded themselves into this weird conglomerate in my brain. I can almost smell the man sweat just thinking about it. Chips clinking together, cards being shuffled, beers being spilled - it's all there. Even the long hours I've spent bleaching the walls have found their way into my reverie.

You know I'd have spent just as much time at the house whether or not you had started up the poker thing, Rob. You are after all one of my favourites for all time. I would never wish you hadn't become the godfather of poker for K-W, because I do love me some card playin', but I think we all have much more to thank you for than simply supplying us with a venue in which we might indulge ourselves as well as our loathsome gambling addictions...

Over the past two years I have met some truly great people I would not have otherwise had the chance to get to know. I can't bear the thought of never meeting all of the poker boys I have come to heart very, very much. I wouldn't have been able to flirt shamelessly with all of the Legends of Bristol St., nor would I be the Grudge Match Wench...I wouldn't have my Heartbreak Kids, which could have been the biggest heartbreak of them all.

It's been two years, and it seems a lot of us have built friendships that have grown past the confines of your four walls. We owe you, Rob, a large debt of gratitude for allowing us to get to know one another. Thank you.

Amanda

PS - I do suggest that as an anniversary present to your basement you purchase some garbage/recycling cans for all of its hard work over these two years.