The Oscars

Anyone watch it? Or even care it was on?

John Stewart was hilarious as always. I think 'Members of the Academy' are just old school boys who cater the winners to make a point. For example Three 6 mafia winning to appeal to the new generation. I think Stewart was right on when he joked 'Martin Scorsese: 0 Oscars, Three 6 Mafia: 1 Oscar'. Scorsese has been overlooked many times, maybe its just me but that guy can really make a film. Oh well, at least there wont be any lack of 'Brokeback jokes'....its gonna become the new...'WHAZZZUUPPP' joke of the year.

Love to hear any comments.

Comments

• The oscars are too political to ever reflect what the real best pictures of a year are..

If you really want to know, check out the top250 at the IMDB.com and look for a particular year. Aside from LOTR and Star wars, they are very good a picking the best movies..
  • BBC Z wrote:
    The oscars are too political to ever reflect what the real best pictures of a year are..

Aside from LOTR and Star wars, they are very good a picking the best movies..

Now you're just trying to get flamed with that remark.

But he's right about everything else. They gave Titantic and The English Patient the best picture award.
  • Complete and utter garbage, why would anyone waste any time watching something so trivial and non-important?
    Who cares who or what movie is nominated, who cares who or what movie wins, not me, I would never waste that much of my life watching something so ridiculous. I really could care less that little miss golden spoon is wearing a gazillion dollar dress, likely made out of some extinct animal skin......now throw on a Family Guy marathon and I'm all-in!
  • Did you see Selma Hayek? I'd be all-in.
  • I watched the whole thing. I usually don't bother because of all the lobbing that goes on for the "big" movies, while the smaller films get ignored. But this year was different, so I watched to see the outcome.

And I was quite pleased, I must say.

Of course the Oscars are political, but this year they seemed to get almost everything right. Crash was the best pic, by far. I thought for sure Brokeback Mountain was going to win, just for the political reasons. But the Academy came though and awarded the better film!! Same with the Acting awards. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Reese Witherspoon, and Rachel Weisz gave outstanding preformances in their respective roles. OK, George Clooney won for Best Supporting Actor, but he was nominated for Director and Original Screenplay, (where he didn't stand a chance of winning), so they threw him a bone.

Everything else was pretty much what the experts predicted, with the exception of It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp named best original song. A hip hop group beat Dolly Parton. Who saw that coming?

IMHO,

JohnnieH
  • I watched a bit of it and with regard to Jennifer Garner I have two words ...

mom boobs

:D

WOOT!
  • i only watched it for about 20 minutes, but all that i noticed was the hot looking ladies, and the dudes from brokeback mountain... woops, was that movie nominated for every award?
  • specialK wrote:
    but all that i noticed was the hot looking ladies

I am a pretty big Jon Stewart fan, so I watched it for that. He did comment on the attire early "please send money to all of these poor actresses who can't even afford enough money to buy a dress that covers their boobs". He was pretty funny, but after the start there was less time for Stewart, so I was flipping the channel a lot.
  • specialK wrote:
    but all that i noticed was the hot looking ladies

I am a pretty big Jon Stewart fan, so I watched it for that. He did comment on the attire early "please send money to all of these poor actresses who can't even afford enough money to buy a dress that covers their boobs". He was pretty funny, but after the start there was less time for Stewart, so I was flipping the channel a lot.

The homage to "gay cowboys" in classic western movies was just hilarious.

Too funny.
    "Hey, can I hold your Winchester?"

Also his joke about Bjork's infamous Oscar Gown:
    "Bjork Couldn't Be Here Tonight. She Was Trying On Her Dress And Dick Cheney Shot Her"...
  • For the past few years I've tried to watch all of the Oscar nominated (best pic) movies within the same year. I just finished watching Cinderella Man, awesome movie! Crash was solid as well, it would have been tough to pick...

stp