Help with a very ghetto tv....

I'm not sure anything can be done about this, but I have about a 16 year old tv hooked up and it works fine, except that it doesn't have any channel above 35. If you try and surf up from there, it just quickly scans through 36-99 in static and stops at channel 2. As far as I can remember this tv has done that, but on the damn thing it says it supports 96 channels. Anyone have any idea how to get those channels to work? I'm willing to open the thing up if I need to. Oh and its an Emerson if that means anything.

Comments

• You'll probably need tuner of some sorts. ie VCR or even a radio shack cable tuner. Check your TV for Cable/Air switch too.
  • Theres a few switches in a panel on the front of the tv, none say cable/air, bu I've tryed messing with those and nothing happened. So this tuner you speak of, can you quickly explain what it is and how it hooks up to the tv (and cost if you have any idea). The only hook-up this tv has is the cable input.
  • If you go to any electronis store and tell them you have an older TV and would like a tuner so you can get more stations. They should have something there. Easiest thing to do would be to buy a cheap VCR. You can use it to tune into any stations on cable.
    A cable tuner is sort of like a VCR except it doesnt play tapes. You hook your cable into it and then from it to the TV. It then allows you to switch stations. I havent bought one of those in years thats why I say getting a cheap vcr would solve your problem. You can get one of those these days for dirt cheap..