Training Room, Still Around???

Was thinking of playing the Sunday tourny but haven't heard of the room in a while -- any info??

Comments

• They are still in action plus they have started a $125 Tuesday tourney to pick up from the River Room.
  • Any info on the cash game schedule -- is there anything tonight?
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    -- is there anything tonight?

According to http://www.ontariopokergames.com there is.
  • Big Fish and I went to the Training Room 2 weeks ago for the Sunday Tourny.

Without getting into specifics, we will not be attending there anymore. Draz is gone, and I am not too fond of the rest of the managers in there.

My fav is still The Unit, I will be going back there more frequently hopefully soon. I also want to check out The AP. As far as the Training Room goes....... meh.
  • Couldn't agree more. Went to the training room the other week and was completely disappointed. Tournament was run awful and just didn't feel comfortable at that place at all. Not very welcoming to new players!

I took for granted how well run and comfortable playing at The Unit is after exploring some other places. Those two young guys who run the place are very professional and friendly, they've really out done themselves.

Good job guys, we all appreciate it.

Aces_Full
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    Big Fish and I went to the Training Room 2 weeks ago for the Sunday Tourny.

Without getting into specifics, we will not be attending there anymore. Draz is gone, and I am not too fond of the rest of the managers in there.

My fav is still The Unit, I will be going back there more frequently hopefully soon. I also want to check out The AP. As far as the Training Room goes....... meh.

the AP?
  • I was thinking Airport Club, that should have read AC, or APC, or TAPC, or TAC.
  • Played there last night, great club.

Probably going to the unit tomorrow.
  • Aces_Full wrote:
    I took for granted how well run and comfortable playing at The Unit is after exploring some other places.   Those two young guys who run the place are very professional and friendly, they've really out done themselves.

Good job guys, we all appreciate it.

Aces_Full

I agree, the Unit is very well run, there are actually 3 guys running it, but since you didn't mention names, I guess no one will be sad they weren't mentioned.
  • It's too bad, the training room used to have the best tournaments in the city.

Now there isn't much around except for the 2 and 3 table tournaments which are good for what they are, but you aren't going to play for 5k on a $120 investment.