#$%^& bonehead move!

HAHA...this was brutal. This hand has been bugging me for a while.

180 $20+2 SNG at Stars, I'm 7th place with 50 remaining.

I'm UTG with AK OS, (Ace of spades - relevent later). Blinds 100/200 I think my stack about 5500 - 6000 or so. The other big stack at the table who has me just covered does the old min re-raise from EP, so I am cautious here naturally about a big hand. He's been aggressive, fairly loose, but seems like a decent player.

All fold and we see a flop of (IIRC):

5,10,K suited in spades.

I check, he checks behind.

Turn a red brick (7 I think).

Naturally, I now go all in.

WHAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in?! I don't know what the heck I was doing there (maybe it was the beer!) but a good part of me thought my top pair top kicker might be behind, and I apparantly started to play the hand as a semi-bluff hand...lol. This was just a terrible move, one of those either way behind or way ahead situations.

The guy called with his AA (I obviously played the hand like I was drawing to the flush) and I was out after a river brick, and done...just like that! I already had the $1000 spent in my mind..lol.

I have this terrible habit of playing to fast and not thinking the hand through. If I had thought, I would have likely bet about 1000-1500 or so, although would I fold to a re-raise (of my last 3000 or so)? I had AA in my mind here, but I just hit that flop about as well as I could have. Had I bet the flop and he re-raised, all the money is in for sure but on the turn...it's pretty tough to imagine him with anything but AA here if he re-raises me.

I know I played it about as bad as I could have, but on the other hand would it have mattered? I have a feeling I couldn't have let the hand go anyways and that might say more about my (lack of) game than anything becauae AA seemed like an obious hand to put him on there and I was only about 23% to win if he holds AA and I call.

Any thoughts on how you play this hand?

Anyone see it completely different;y, love my play, and have an urge to finanace me to the WSOP this year?

hello?

Comments

• Don't need to play a big pot against the only guy at the table who can bust you in this spot. TPTK is not a good enough hand to go broke here. Couldn't he just as easily have a set? TT? 55? KK? Respect his reraise and proceed with caution.