Is PokerStars down???

Havn't been able to log on all day.

is it down for everyone else??

Comments

• I cannot log into Party or Pokerstars though I can log into the Cryptos. They are up so it must be a router thing or something from Canada. I cannot log into Paradise either.
  • Not for me, I've been on all day
    Somethings wrong with the software though, I'm hardly getting rivered at all
  • No problem with Stars nor Party.
  • Small favor, can someone give the 1-800 number for customer service. I can't connect to the .com site and there is no number on the .net site.
  • I talked to the people at Party Poker and they said anyone using Sympatico from Bell is unable to connect.

BICKY
  • I'm using Sympatico so that must be it.

What about you Mon??
  • I am using Aliant DSL (sympatico) and have not been able to get into Pokerrrom.com europoker.com or holdempoker.com all day (hollywood and FCP websites did work however). But just tried signing in after connecting through UBC's VPN, and now I am having no problems loading the websites.
  • I am using SYmpatico. I called Sympatico and got some very creative explanations that were all along the line of "it's not their fault."

Among the possibilities offered were - the poker sites were down or a hacker did it.

When I asked if that seemed logical (ie a hacker hacking alal sites to impact a portion of Canada only, or all the sites coincidently crashed) compared to my belief that it was Sympatico related I was dismissed. I will call back and hopefully get a semi competent customer service person next time.

For what it is worth that customer service person could not connect to the partypoker.com site either (though refused to believe it could be Sympatico related).
  • im on sympatico as and havent been able to log in pokerroom or ultimate bet all morning :rage:
  • I guess Sympatico banned online poker.

GTA - you still switching??
  • Hork42 wrote:
    I guess Sympatico banned online poker.

I sure hope they didn't
  • westside8 wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:

I sure hope they didn't

I'm only joking, but imagine they did?
  • Hork42 wrote:
    westside8 wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:

I sure hope they didn't

I'm only joking, but imagine they did?

I would cry and switch to Rogers, and cry some more when my torrent download is going slower then a turtle on sleeping pills
  • I'm on Rogers and with BitComet my torrents still blaze.
  • Just talked to Sympatico and they are having routing problems to some gaming sites. One of the servers is down. They are working on the problem and to be paitent.
    BICKY
  • Weird...I just talked with Sympatico to a senior technician and he knew of the problem but asked me to post this on the forum as they did not know what the problem was.

Anyone having problems...go to there start menu...press run...
    A black screen will appear...type tracert www.partypoker.com
    A one minute trace will be done...copy it and paste it into an e-mail to [email]syminfo@sympatico.ca...incl[/email]ude your B1 ID, phone number and name along with a note"unable to access secure poker sites"
  • Thanks for update guys!!!

Hopefully they can resolve this soon for all us freaks that need our poker drug for the day! :)
  • Anyone having problems...go to there start menu...press run...
    A black screen will appear...type tracert www.partypoker.com
    A one minute trace will be done...copy it and paste it into an e-mail to [email]syminfo@sympatico.ca...incl[/email]ude your B1 ID, phone number and name along with a note"unable to access secure poker sites"

Start Menu - Press Run, type "cmd" (assuming windows XP, NT, 2K. Windows 98 same thing but instead type "command")

THEN the "black screen" will appear :)
  • Thanks Hork...my poker computer in the 98 version
  • I'm back on now.

On Stars that is.

I guess Sympatico fixed their problem.

Thanks for the help guys.
  • I'm up and going now too.